“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #83 of 875 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Really, very enjoyable food at a good price and within easy walking distance of Brighton's main shopping centre.

Up there with Pompoko as one of the places in Brighton I'd recommend a visitor to go to, unfortunately not as fast and friendly as Pompoko.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hove, United Kingdom
“good but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

went in a large group, a couple of folk loved it, a couple hated it and the rest of us didn't leave with any particular feelings for the place at all.
My food was alright but overpriced for what it was and although the staff were lovely they weren't very good with the time between drinks being ordered and brought to the table painfully long all evening.
The place was packed and the atmosphere was really good but at £35 per head for 3 courses and a few drinks I can think of dozens of other establishments in Brighton & Hove I'd rather go to with a group next time.
It was nice to try out the only Vietnamese restaurant in the City but for me I think once will be enough.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Our evening canteen!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed in Brighton for a month, so I obviously tried to vary restaurants and meals... Until I found Pho! The very friendly welcome is just a beginning, the great atmosphere an appetizer. When the dishes reach the table it's a festival of exotic perfumes and tastes. And on top of that it's healthy!! My loyalty card was fully stamped in no time!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Vietnamese food - consistently good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I love everything about Pho! I don’t eat wheat so it’s paradise for me to come to a restaurant where I can choose anything from the varied menu and know it will be clean, tasty and served with rice.
The staff are young, sassy, eager to help and generate a friendly, up beat, atmosphere.
I regularly dine here with my daughter and/or my partner and the standard is consistently good. The dining area is fairly large (130 covers) and arranged around an open kitchen. There’s also seating outdoors.
Like all good eateries, it’s usually busy so book or eat off peak to avoid waiting.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice Vietnamese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having been to Vietnam twice I was pleased to see this place open. Not quite the quality of Viet's street food but as close as you will get in the UK. Lovely staff, I do wish they would give you more herbs to go with the Pho. Overall....worth the experience.

Visited November 2012