“good but heavy” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #256 of 822 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bella Italia Brighton couldn't ask for a better location within the vibrant southern seaside city. Situated in the charming area known as The Lanes, with its numerous antique shops and jewellers, Bella Italia offers both locals and visitors great Italian grub at accessible prices. Tuck into starters such as the mushrooms baked in mascarpone, spinach and garlic sauce with ciabatta followed by a 7oz sirloin steak with garlic butter, mushrooms, fried and rocket accompanied by a sauce of your choice. Round off with a classic banoffee pie with sprinkled amaretti biscuits and zabaglione cream. All this accompanied by a traditional Italian Peroni beer or a glass of Chianti. If you're looking for a good value Italian restaurant in Brighton, Bella Italia certainly fits the bill.
Bertrange, Luxembourg
“good but heavy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

the food is very nice, but a bit too heavy for me. the service is a bit slow, but worth the money! i recommend this to people with a big appetite !!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Never again !!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just got back from a weekend in Brighton, on the first night we found a Bella Italia restaurant as where ever we go in the country if in dought then Bella Italia has always been our first choice but after being seated by the door which every time it opened we felt the icy blast we then placed our order. The wine arrived and it seemed as if it was the waiter's first attempt ever at taking a cork out, the meal then turned up and after I pointed out they had put the wrong sauce on both meals the plates were taken away and a few minuits later my husband got what he ordered but once again mine was wrong, away went the sauce again so I started to eat what was on the plate only to find every thing was cold, my husband after tasting the top layer which was just warm said the rest was cold,both plates were taken away again and came back 5 mins later after being blitz in the micro wave as the food was now steaming but in exactly the same position on the plate as it left the table.!!. The manager then asked if everything was ok after we told him what had happened he did apologise and said he would discount the bill by £10. Never the less we opted out of desert and coffee and went to the Costa round the corner.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
peterborough
“Yummy yummy for my tummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

OK< I admit it, I have a weakness for yummy Italian food, and Bella Italia does it pretty well. We had a nice table by the window, which is great because I love watching the world go by. The service was fairly swift. We were looked after by about three diffrent people, which isn't great for consistency, but everyone was friendly and polite. I ordered the chicken and mushroom pasta and hubby ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. Both were plentiful in size and very tasty. We also ordered a large doughsticks to share - turns out a large doughsticks would easily serve three or four as an accompaniment. We struggled! The dessert menu is fabulous, there was lots of choice and I could have worked my way through the menu!
Overall, the restaurant conformed to the Bella Italia brand (it was nothing over and above what I would expect from them) but very happy all the same and would visit again.

New Delhi, India
“Bad italian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

we ordered for a Pizza and Ravioli, while the pizza was not thin crust which is what we ordered for and the Ravioli was one of the worsts we had. Overall a bad place to have Italian food. Avoid this place.

London, United Kingdom
“Good wholesome menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Liked this menu very much and our meals did not disappoint. I had Pasta Norma with aubergine, mozzarella and tomotoes which was really tasty and just the right amount.

Visited February 2013