“Unique &” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Mediterraneo Deli is a slice of Sicily specialising in regional Sicilian food. Bespoke restaurant by night, they also enjoy catering for all events, from lunch meetings to dinner parties and weddings. Friday & Saturday evenings, by reservation only. Breakfast & Lunch options not available.
Brighton,
“Unique &”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Nicely out of the way- the Mediterrano Café is one of those ‘best kept secret’ places in Brighton. I’ve got slightly mixed feelings about reviewing it. Its food is superb,it's welcome & warm and I really can’t recommend it highly enough; it’s also tiny & too much popularity could well endanger my chances of getting in through the door. It’s are rare thing these days but there are still a few cafes & bars that really feel like visiting your hosts in their house, Georgio and Sonia do this brilliantly.

Sitting back- eating gorgeous, homemade Sicilian Food, listening to Billie Holliday on the stereo & watching the rain outside- doesn’t get better than that.

Lindfield, United Kingdom
“difficult to exceed the deservedpraise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Four of us booked here for an after-concert meal having read such great reviews on Trip Advisor. Beforehand Giorgio contacted us to check the menu and to make sure we knew that we should take our own wine. We were late because of the concert overrun but everything was just enchanting - the place, the service and the food. Yummy!

Penango, Italy
“Exciting and original”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a good place to go. Small, original, intimate, great service and very good food - all at entirely reasonable prices. Giorgio has created a truly original venue with some unusual food choices which are well executed and some interesting wines from Sicily. Worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Little Sicily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to dine at Mediterraneo after having read great things on tripadvisor. We were really excited to try this ‘taste of Sicily’. We have spent some time in Italy and have always felt that Brighton’s restaurants lacked traditional Italian cuisine. We arrived at Mediterraneo to a beautiful table that had been laid out just for us. We tried lots of dishes, many of them supplementary, as Giorgio insisted that we tried them. We got a taste of all of our favourite Italian dishes: pizza (made from homemade yeast and dough), arancini and melanzane alla parmigiana; they were all accompanied with beautifully homemade bread. The evening was really topped off by dessert, tiramisu, which they made at my request. The food was fantastic and Giorgio was such a kind and welcoming host. It felt just like dining at a friend’s house or restaurant in Italy. I cannot wait to visit again soon! I am so happy to have found such good quality Italian cuisine in my hometown.

London, United Kingdom
“The Real Thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'm British born and bred and my husband is Sicilian. My mother in law makes the best arancini on the island, however, if Mediterraneo were to set up shop in Sicily, there would be real competition. Just like everyone else I know in Sicily, when behind stoves, these guys mean business. If you think you've had arancini before, but you've never been to Sicily, then you should try this place.