“Delicious home cooked Sicilian food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 833 restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Mediterraneo Deli is a slice of Sicily specialising in regional Sicilian food. Bespoke restaurant by night, they also enjoy catering for all events, from lunch meetings to dinner parties and weddings. Friday & Saturday evenings, by reservation only. Breakfast & Lunch options not available.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious home cooked Sicilian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had a delicious meal at Meiterraneo Deli. The owner opens up in the evenings by appointment. It's fabulous food, full of flavour. The starters were the best part of the meal - arancini risotto balls and stuffed aubergines. The only thing is - I would love to see some meat/fish main courses. The pastas are wonderful and the lasagna is great home made fare, but usually what I would consider a lunchtime dish (or anti-pasti in Italy?) - not what I would choose as a main while out for dinner in the evening. The owners are such good cooks that I'm sure anything they produced would be delicious. The deserts were beautiful though. Service was fab and we were made very welcome. Excellent value.

94% Recommend
Sussex
“Very cute place, amazing food and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My boyfriend took me here for a birthday meal. We had never heard of it or seen it before but the reviews were great and it was 5 minutes from where we live.

We had a private dinner and it was fantastic. The food was incredible, the atmosphere was lovely and we felt like we were in Sicily. Giorgio couldn't have done more for us - we can't wait to go back!

Brighton
“Delicious private dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was searching for a new restaurant in Brighton to take my fiancee to. We're both born & bred in here and in our time have been to a good selection of restaurants in the city. As we were celebrating our 4th anniversary as a couple, we were after that something a little bit special. Following the previous very positive reviews on here I contacted the restaurant to make my reservation. We were treated to a private dining experience with a small, but delicious menu and the clean plates after each course were a testament to the quality of food we enjoyed. Giorgio is the most friendly restauranter I have ever met.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, excellent service, warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Desperately needed to find cannoli for a special birthday treat. Giorgio could not have been more helpful. The pastries were fabulous, and beautifully presented. I also bought some takeaway snacks, which the family loved. I'll be back, with a friend for lunch next time.

hove
“Always a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I make dedicated trips here for lunch and coffee as the food is exceptional. I started off picking up superb coffee to accompany visits to the Duke of Yorks cinema but now find myself suggesting the delicatessen as a the best choice for lunch to meet my Italian friend. She is notoriously hard to please but Mediterraneo is now her firm favourite too. The husband and wife team could not be more welcoming. Thoroughly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
mediterraneodeli, Owner at Mediterraneo Restaurant, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear Greta,

You did it! You've been threatening to write a review for quite some time now.
You're one of our most passionate regular customers and never fail to pay us compliments.
Sonia and I beam with enthusiasm every time you walk through the door and feel very pleased that your pleasure in being entertained by our delicacies never seems to wear out.

Thank you, truly.