“Birthday celebration Sunday” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #117 of 873 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Ole Ole Tapas Bar & Restaurant is a lively spot complete with Flamenco dancers, live bands and delicious Spanish cuisine.Relish in the finest Sangria, tapas and true Spanish ambiance, featuring an authentic floor show of Flamenco music and dance. Travel to Spain with Ole Ole and join us for an "Evening in Andalusia". Ole Ole is all about honest food of the earth, natural and real.
“Birthday celebration Sunday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

A delightful alternative to our regular tapas establishment, much more relaxed and less claustrophobic and much more spacious! Enjoyed the sangria and in particular the stuffed peppers. Staff were friendly and fooled us in to feeling like we were on holiday despite the sub zero temperatures. One point to improve on would be a slightly wider choice but lovely find hidden away.

Turners Hill, United Kingdom
“Average Tapas, Excellent Atmosphere, Brilliant Service... Dinner and a show!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Visited the restaurant as a party of 6 for a 60th birthday meal on a Saturday. This was our third visit and as usual we had a great time. Staff were very attentive even when it was heaving and the Flamenco show was truly excellent.

Downsides, the menu is decidedly average and not as adventurous as it could be. It would appear that being a rather small establishment they intend to offer food that is easy to prep and serve at speed. The quality of what is served is acceptable, tasty on the most part - the Brie Frito is essential, the albondigas a total shame and best left to languish as text on the menu. If anything I could suggest to make the menu any better I'd suggest some Pulpo/Octopus, perhaps some Sardinas and larger pots of aioli because I am a glutton for pan and aioli. If I really had to be picky I'd also ask for a Sherry List, a nice fino or amontillado would've really made our trip.

The Upshot, for £30 a head, you get dinner and a show, you won't leave hungry or thirsty and you'll be buzzing from an excellent live flamenco performance. I'd recommend this venue every time.

OLE!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, UK
“Very enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Ole Ole is a smallish tapas restaurant in Brighton's Lanes. We went on a Saturday night & it was full. The service was excellent. We were served with drinks immediately, our orders were taken quickly & the food arrived quickly too. The staff were all friendly & efficient & seemed to enjoy working there.

It was typical tapas food but all good & tasty. There was a choice of sangrias & the Cava was good. Our bill came to £140 for 4 people & we all had plenty to eat & several drinks. Very good value

What makes Ole Ole stand out is the entertainment. The flamenco dancer was amazing. I couldn't clap my hands as fast as his feet were tapping. He was a real treat to watch. The guitarist was excellent as were the 2 singers. I'm not an expert but it felt like an authentic spanish atmosphere to me & the whole restaurant, diners & staff, joined in clapping & some dancing too

It was a cold night & there was a draft sometimes as smokers went in & out of the main door so maybe avoid a table near the entrance. When the entertainment finished the lights went up & everyone left soon after, so not a place if you like to linger after your meal but other than that I would thoroughly recommend a visit ...& book well in advance they are understandably busy.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebration for my daughter and granddaughter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

On Thursday (21 Feb) evening I took my daughter and granddaughter to Ole Ole, it was out first visit. We had a bit of trouble finding it!! but once we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the staff. We ordered our drinks and starters which were delicious tapas and then went to the main menu for a sea bass and steaks which were succulent and the plates went back empty. We followed this with mouth watering sweets. The flamenco music and dancing was wonderful. We left the restaurant feeling that we had just spent a wonderful evening in a Spanish Tapas on the Costas. We span three generations and agreed it was a wonderful evening that we would always remember. I will be visiting again soon and will be recommending it to friends.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Seaford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful place, amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We went here for Valentine's evening and enjoyed great atmosphere. When we arrived to the restaurant the waiter welcomed us with a rose :). The flamenco show was amazing. The restaurant was full and the atmosphere was romantic and the decor was suitable. We ordered a Valentines menu that included some tapas and paella. The taste was wonderful. It was a busy night but the staff were friendly and accurate. I'll be back with my friend as soon as possible!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food