“A very pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Lancing, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We were a party of 5 'mature' persons and had not made our minds up where to eat in Brighton Marina, where there is a huge choice and variety of eateries. We decided to have a look in the Seattle Hotel and we were pleasantly surprised at the layout and ambience of their restaurant. This surprise was compounded when we saw from the menu that there was an option of a 2-course meal for £10 plus a very reasonable wine list.
We were approached by a very friendly and personable head waiter by name of Salah. His knowledge of the menu appeared to be 100% and we were encouraged to take up the offer. 3 of us opted for starter + main, the other 2 for main + dessert. My starter was delightful - wild mushrooms and spinach in perfect filo pastry with sour cream. It was so good I asked Salah for the recipe, which he promptly obtained for me from the chef. My companion was of the same opinion.
For main I chose slow-cooked belly pork, which came with slices of baked apple and a melange of spicy butter beans and chorizo. OK, I've had bigger portions, but few more delicious.
Those who chose dessert got rhubarb and blackberry crumble and custard. They scoffed the lot and pronounced it delicious.
Throughout the attention given by Salah and his team was faultless and friendly.
A perfectly lovely experience all round.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Service and View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Seattle Bar and Restaurant has never disappointed me, I first came here for my other half's birthday in which I booked a table and wanted some special extra's for the occasion such as sparkler's and decoration.

The communication with the staff over the phone wasn't the best and when I turned up for the booking nothing was done to my request however that quickly turned around as the incredibly friendly and attentive manager made his apologises and quickly turned my requests into reality.

The view at night is divine; looking over the marina so great for a romantic meal! The food was excellent and so was the cocktails. The manager was ever so nice that he did not charge us for any of the drinks we had that night due to the mistake that was made by the staff earlier.

I have since gone to Seattle on many occasions and a slip up such as before hasn't occurred which is very pleasing to know, it was probably just an off day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Always a great Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent service good service . Maitre de always v friendly. On sunny Sunday's overlooking marina on balciny

Visited August 2013
Dartford, United Kingdom
“Didn't stay here just popped in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We will be booking a night here and leaving the kids with grandparents for the night, place is lovely and so friendly, made us cup of tea and took time to show us room with sea views. Not a hotel for children so much but a place for adults to take a well earned break. We are going to book a weekend very soon.

Visited October 2013
Sussex
“So disappointing this time- wont be rushing back anytime soon.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We have enjoyed bar food and drinks many times - and my mother had her birthday party there in the Summer. However when we took our friends from Holland there for an evening meal we were unimpressed.
On arriving we discovered that there was an evening Wedding reception - which is fine, however if you wanted a quiet intimate meal you would be disappointed.
Two of us ordered a diet coke from the bar - and I never have ice - which this time was a mistake.
The Coke was warm - all 200mls of it - and £1.80. When questioned the bar staff said that they did not have it on tap - and that was the size of the bottle they sold.
Some decided to have soup for starter - which was apparently nice. I chose a chicken & spinach terrine, which was pretty tasteless - and I would have expected a piece of Melba toast or some bread served with it.
For the main we chose from the burger section at £9.95. The two men had the standard beef burger - which looked good and judging by the way they ate it was a success. We two women chose the falafel burger with chilli chutney, minted yoghourt and hand cut chips. When this arrived I thought I had chosen well, but on lifting the burger bun lid I was presented with three squashed falafel balls. Since when is a falafel burger three falafel ? I was embarrassed that we had brought our guests to what we thought was a pretty special venue and had a mediocre meal. Normally I would have sent my meal back, but as we were with guests I didn’t want to spoil the evening as it would have meant them eating before me. We ordered a nice merlot for £19 after the waiter tried to flog a Rioja for £27. We had to ask for water even though there were water glasses on the table.
There was a wedding in the room next door, so perhaps the catering staff were pushed – but that shouldn’t mean our meal is substandard.
I will say that the staff were very friendly and attentive as always – but I won’t be rushing back.

• Visited October 2013