“Brilliant for fish lovers” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #109 of 833 restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Fresh fish and seafood restaurant. Seafront location. Scottish Steaks also available.
York, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for fish lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We are staying close by and tried this out on our first night. I had mussels to start with and the portion was very generous and they were really tasty and could tell they were fresh. I then had a whole plaice and potatoes (yes I was hungry!) which was also delicious. The fish was grilled and was really flaky and flavoursome. My Mum didn't have a starter but she had fish and chips for her main which she really enjoyed, the batter was nice and crispy. The service was relaxed and friendly and the food came quickly even though it was busy. It is situated on the sea front which is nice so you can look out whilst you eat.
Good value for money too and popular with all age groups. Thoroughly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Northampton, United Kingdom
“well done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited after a long hot busy day all brighton venues were busy they found us a table you could tell staff had had a hard day but they made you welcome and we could not fault our meals and service

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“My choice in Brighton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Everytime I go to brighton I visit melrose. They have a quick and affordable service. I also thoroughly enjoy their food. This time I ordered the seafood platter mix. It consisted of a selection of their seafood fried. They also have a grill version which is slightly more expensive.

The owners are cypriot and have added some of this greek-cypriot style to their menu. They offer greek salad, taramosalata, KEO beer, moussaka. Try the Keo beer. You wont be disappointed.

I will go back to the melrose next time I am in Brighton for sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We have been going to Melrose for 25 years - and why - because it has the best fish and chips in Brighton!
The cod and chips is what we have every time, the fish soft and the batter crisp alongside a bottle of Retsina. My mouth waters just thinking about it.
The service is friendly and efficient and the whole place down to earth and definitely worth a visit.
Enjoy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The menu and wine list are extensive and my wife asked for a blue fillet steak and it came beautifully cooked - hot but very rare. I had a medley of five fishes which was well cooked and presented. A reasonable wine list and we had a first class meal.

Visited June 2013