“Lovely food, wonderful staff and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 822 Restaurants in Brighton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Lebanese, Moroccan, Middle Eastern, Halal
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A Lebanese and Persian restaurant on Brighton���s busy Western Road, Taste of Sahara gives seaside dwellers a taste of the exotic at a very reasonable price. With its d��cor created with care to reflect the atypical Middle East of story books and holiday brochures ��� all pierced tin lanterns, heavy wood and rich colours ��� Taste of Sahara has a look which reflects the diverse flavours of its immensely flavourful menu. From kebabs to tagines, all one���s Middle Eastern favourites are offered by the Sahara kitchen, along with some lesser known dishes that will tempt the more adventurous diner. In particular, the restaurant���s mezzes prove popular, the sharing concept somehow suited to this kind of cuisine, particularly when accompanied by the BYO policy.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, wonderful staff and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have eaten here three times in the past month or so, and everytime have had a brilliant evening. The staff were fantastic on my birthday and arranged a lovely booth and we had the set menu. The amount of food we were given was staggering!
I've also returned in a group of 4 and the service was just as good. Very relaxed and friendly with a really nice atmosphere.
The food is delicious, and it's a good idea to order a few different starters and share them amongst the table. Highly recommend the vine leaves and halloumi.
They have a BYO policy which really keeps the price of the evening down and means you can drink your preference of wine without paying too much.

They also have a lovely outdoor terrace which is used more at weekends when the restaurant is busier downstairs.

This restaurant has quickly become a firm favourite!

• Visited November 2013

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Amazing meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went to A Taste of Sahara on a recommendation of a friend, and wow what a great experience. The food was amazing, plentiful and value for money. Well worth a visit. We shall certainly return here.

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food in a great environment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I arrived without a reservation and the staff were able to accommodate us, which we very much appreciated.

The décor was lovely and created a relaxed yet luxurious atmosphere, and the restaurant's BYO policy (with no corkage fee) meant we were able to enjoy good wine with our meal for the cost of a supermarket bottle.

The food was delicious, and the menu had a great selection. I started with falafel, which was well cooked and flavourful, while my husband had the merguez sausage, which was spicy and rich.

For mains, I had the lamb kabseh and my husband had the chicken one. These dishes were amazing, with the perfect combination of sweet and savoury. The servings were enormous, and neither of us could finish our meals - the staff offered to wrap them up for us to take with us, but unfortunately we were staying in a hotel and this wasn't possible. But if we'd been going to our own home, we would definitely have enjoyed the remainder of our meal for lunch the next day!

I would love to go back and try the meze - and make sure I left room for baklava this time!

West Sussex
“A taste of...good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

On a miserable rainy evening this place was an oasis of good food, welcoming staff all mixed together with a fun crowd of diners. The staff were great and the choices were varied all tempting. Our party had a tagine which was flavoursome and a chicken and rice dish. The starters of vine leaves and grilled halloumi hit the spot and to finish off the pecan honey pot was lovely, will definitely return and not selling alcohol was not an issue as the staff were directing customers to a local wine store!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Quite simply a perfect meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Myself and my partner went here last night and I can honestly say this is one of the best restaurants I have been to not just in brighton but anywhere. The staff are welcoming, attentive and polite and as for the food, it is out of this world! The halloumi flat bread starter with olives were both faultless as were our mains. I opted for the mixed kebabs while my partner had the lamb cutlets. The ingredients are super fresh and packed with flavour, it is no wonder this place books up a week in advance! Book early to avoid disappointment.