“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

01273 676222
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sam's of Brighton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 871 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: British, Bistro
Description: Located on Paston Place in the heart of Kemp Town village, Sam's of Brighton is a stone's throw from the Brighton Pier and the Marina. Sister restaurant to Sam's of Sevendials in the heart of Brighton, this chic and elegant family-owned bistro - with an understated neutral colour scheme, wooden floors and deco-inspired lamps - is popular with a fashionable local crowd. Sam's serves classic yet creative dishes made from the finest seasonal ingredients, and the restaurant's award-winning menu features favourites such as the Shetland rope-grown mussels with spiced coconut, vanilla, and red peppers; roast rabbit loin served with soft polenta and savoy cabbage; and the rice pudding with blood orange for dessert. Sam's also has an excellent selection of both old and new world wines, many available by the glass and carafe. Sam's of Brighton was voted "Runner Up BEST UK NEWCOMER" by the Harden's Guide 2010.
brighton
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Ate here last night my son bought me a Groupon for Christmas. The food was very tasty im a big eater the main bit small for me but dessert made up for it, had steak for main and chocolate and pistachio bread and butter pud delicious. Will go back

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Sam's is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had some time to kill today in between some hospital appointments, so decided to treat myself to lunch at Sam.s. Eating alone in a restaurant can sometimes be uncomfortable but I was made to feel thoroughly welcome and at ease right from the start. The food was exceptional - the beetroot mouse starter, sea bass main and coffee with a range of chocs and sweets, all beautifully presented, with generous portions and my waiter could not have been more friendly or helpful.. They do a ridiculously good value three course lunch, but I chose to order a la carte as this was also incredible value. I recommend this restaurant unreservedly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Been a while since we were at Sam's but we picked up a Groupon or Living Social voucher and called in for lunch.
We had splendid starters after enjoying some excellent fresh bread with oil and balsamic vinegar - my soup was perfect and my wife's ham and poached egg on broccoli spears was simply outstanding.
On to the mains - I had spicy lamb meatballs and my wife has South Downs lamb - both superb.
As for drinks, we started with a couple of Mojitos - expertly done - and followed with a bottle of Viognier which went down very well.
No room for dessert, sadly.
Service was friendly and efficient. It's not a large restaurant so advance booking at peak times is necessary.
We are going back next Friday!

Visited February 2014
Hove, United Kingdom
“Big portions!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Had sweet potato soup and pork belly. Feel full afterwards and the meal was excellent. An excellent restaurant near the sea.

London, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Myself and my boyfriend visited Sam's for the first time for a meal to celebrate my birthday. From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel really relaxed and were very friendly and attentive. My boyfriend had the fillet steak and I had the lamb and both were cooked perfectly and the dessert we had were delicious too. We will definitely visit again.