“Our recent Stay March 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Myhotel Brighton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Jubilee Street, Brighton BN1 1GE, England   |
Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Brighton
North Devon
“Our recent Stay March 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We travelled on Friday from Devon to attend a funeral and wake.I wanted to stay in the centre, near to the Phoenix Arts Centre where the wake was held, and I wanted somewhere special, different and calming and WITH PARKING!!!! From the booking to check out the staff could not have been more helpful, our thanks particularly to Natalia and to Girts and Toby. They took time to make sure nothing was too much trouble, were pleasant and courteous.The room was perfect for relaxing, well appointed, provided a peaceful and totally calming experience with the curved walls and mood lighting that was so soothing we left it on all night. The bed was extremely comfortable,the facilities very good indeed and we would definitely return to Brighton to stay there again.
Having rested after a particularly long and emotional day we went down to the fantastic cocktail bar and enjoyed the atmosphere, which although we were probably the oldest people there, it didn't matter, theres no age-ism!! We then went for a meal at the Chilli Pickle restaurant which I have to say supplies the most authentic Indian food ( at reasonable prices too!) outside of India and it was a pleasure to return into the hotel afterwards, by which time the cocktail bar was heaving with so many people enjoying themselves! We were greeted by Ray on security at the door, top guy! Either he has a photographic memory for peoples faces, or we'd made an impression! Anyway, with him on the Hotel door, we knew that our night was secure!
Having travelled world wide and stayed in many top hotels, I would definitely recommend this experience. Thanks to all, who made what could have been just a sad and emotional day into a positive experience.

Room Tip: I can only comment about the superior room in which we stayed, which was excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
Earlswood, Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

3.5 stars. It was the little things that niggled us. One of the over bed lights had been snapped off and was covered in black tape. We couldn't get the room warm the first night and as it was less than zero outside we were quite chilly. We paid extra for a superior room that was facing the front/street rather than the back and were then woken up at 6ish and then kept awake by (presumably) the bin men and delivery lorries on the street and the little noises from the cleaners in the corridor. We were on the second floor so presumably the first floor was louder. What we did love were the colour changing light and the range of teas in our room. We also loved the Small Batch Coffee Co. for breakfast. There was also the wifi incident - our code stopped working after 24 hours so we phoned reception and were promised a phone back with a reset code which never happened. So we phoned again and this time the phone was put down, presumably accidently but it meant a third call to get our wifi going which was annoying. We may well be back but if we are we won't pay extra for a noisier room much though we loved sitting at the curvy window seat looking down on the comings and goings of Jubilee Street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We decided to stay here for a nice romantic weekend. But things went south as soon as we arrived.
- When we checked in, we were given keys to a ridiculously small room that wasn't big enough for two people. Lets not forget the small bed! We were offered a non corner room, which was bigger, but the beds apparently are small in all rooms. The manager was very unhelpful, the front desk staff called us when we got back to our tiny room and offered to show us the bigger room.
- The bathroom area is odd with a toilet cubicle and a shower cubicle. We can hear what is going on in there. very very unromantic!
- The carpets in the corridors looks very grubby and stained.
- the heating / air con was awful in the night. the windows don't open and it got very stuffy in there. We tried changing the temperature but just needed some fresh air.
- Over priced for what was offered, which was a tiny bed and strange bathroom with no tub, stale air!

This hotel may be fine for business stays or hen nights where you might be on your own, but its definitely not a hotel for couples..

Room Tip: If more than one person is to stay in the room as for the studios/ or large rooms. Avoid the corner...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We were well looked after from start to finish, from booking accommodation and meeting rooms, to ensuring we had all that we needed, even after we left. Great meeting room space in the Rishi room, very comfortable and light, and the hotel rooms were perfectly good and had everything you'd need for an over night stay in the city... Mine was pink! Very clean and minimal, with a funky 70's twist. Comfortable.

Most impressive was the fact that I accidentally left my iPhone charger in my room on departure, but was emailed by the hotel the next day to let me know. They offered to arrange getting it back to me, although luckily I was passing again. Customer service was brilliant!

The only minor let down was the friendly and informal breakfast layout in the cafe attached.... Slightly confusing and difficult if its busy with other outside customers... I suggest getting in early to not miss out on the last chocolate croissant!

Thanks for a great stay, and will be coming back soon x

Room Tip: You can choose your colour! Pink, green etc, your call!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels across the world and have never been asked what colour room i wanted! My Hotel, Brighton was fabulous - really refreshing and a great twist on modern day budget hotels.
From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, this was a great hotel to stay at and we loved the querkiness. The fish tanks behind reception just get you in the mood right from the start. Toby was very hospitable and welcoming.
The room was "budget standard" with a difference; comfy bed, very clean, warm, well lit and relaxing. The shower was perfection - one of the best i have had anywhere. If there were a couple of criticisms - the desk is too narrow for a laptop so difficult to work at, the lighting in the bathroom area was too bright and disturbed my partner when I used as she slept.
We would certainly return.
Be aware though - the hotel is difficult to find and Brighton is a disaster when it comes to its traffic management.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this hotel via Secret Escapes for £99 for a night, I had previously read the reviews, but unable to justify the cost, so this was the ideal opportunity to try out something very special at a reduced rate. As this was a romantic weekend break with my new boyfriend I decided to upgrade to the Penthouse Suite (Carousel Room). (Which I later discovered was used by Snoop Dog!)
I arrived at 3pm and was greeted by a lovely receptionist who took the time to go through all the things to do, places to eat in the area. She was delightfully friendly and took me up to my room. The room was everything it promised to be. There was a carousel horse (300 years old) in the middle of the room. A beautiful Bath surrounded by sheer curtains next to a sumptuous bed. Also in the room is an ensuite, separate shower/ sauna, Leather sofa, chairs, TV Desk and Apple Computer.
There is a well stocked fridge and room service brought up a bouquet of flowers as an extra nice touch.
The cocktail bar is amazing, beautifully designed and the staff expertise at cocktail making (including a lesson in making them was very enjoyable). The atmosphere is special from beginning to end.
I Would recommend this for an extra special romantic night out….maybe an anniversary or valentines day

Room Tip: you wont be dissapointed if you choose the Carousel room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited Brighton for one short night and was told of myhotel. I was totally blown away :-). Receptionist was an amazing Spanish girl that went over and beyond to help me with some items I had missing and she really made my day with her smile and charm. Hotel is fun, bright, cheerful and nicely located. Rooms have color schemes and are curved and although spartan they literally have it all. Would most definitely recommend this place to all

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Myhotel Brighton? Share your experiences!