“Breakfast very good.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Walton on Thames
“Breakfast very good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Buffet breakfast very good, although personally found the scrambled eggs far too creamy. Evening menu looked good quality.

Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Overall I would have called this 'good' rather than very good but that isn't an option”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were staying at Deans Place for two nights. Dinner the first night was somewhat disappointing, with a tasteless ball of dough as the amuse bouche and my guinea fowl was over cooked and the dish over salted. Dinner the second night was much better. We both had lemon sole which was absolutely delicious - and the amuse bouche was a welsh rarebit, which I could have eaten a whole plate of. I hope the first night's meal was a 'blip' because the food in Harcourt's restaurant has always been one of the reasons we return to Dean's place frequently

Visited March 2013
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Cream tea retreat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had booked Deans Place for a cream tea as Badgers was closed. When we arrived we were warmly greeted but they had no recollection of my booking. Luckily it is quite a large bar/dining area so they had room for us. I can't fault the service and the cosy traditional lounge surroundings, all very good but I did take a peak at the rooms, which unfortunately to me were a bit like a nursing home and tired looking, hence why we stayed at Wingrove House.

Visited December 2012
sussex
“roast cod is a stunner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited with family on a recent Saturday.We ate in the bar and chose from the restaurant and bar menuThe service was friendly and not over attentive.I had roast cod with crispy skin,my wife chose confit of duck and my son pink lamb.All three dishes were most attractively presented and tasty.The starters of potted shrimp and rabbit terrine which were also of a high standard and quantity.A most enjoyable luncheon.Sunday lunch next.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Loved the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The starters were a surprise - smoked haddock chowder for me, tasty & clean....followed by lamb the first night & cod the second & deserts both nights that I normally don't bother with but glad I did as they were super & sweet without being over the top - lovely place!

Visited January 2013