“luvly crab salad but average facilities” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
LHR
“luvly crab salad but average facilities”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just cant fault the food and we were treated politely and pleasantly. Very good value for money. Yes the tables and facilities are somewhat shabby but it didn't stop the place being packed. used the loo and don't recall it being dirty and I am fussy. Will definitely visit again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“A shambles - dirty and rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Went for lunch today. It was not that busy with the holidays nearly over, however most of the tables outside had piles of dirty plates etc on them - not just what looked like the tables had just left but people were piling up dirty dishes from other tables when they sat down so they had been there a while. All the tables had a problem with bees due to this. I went to order and asked the member of staff if he could clear the table but he just tutted! I was in my lunch break and ordered a toasted sandwich which took 45 mins but in the meantime our drinks were not served ! When the food came we asked for our drinks and he said they were busy ! Well you won't be that busy if you continue to give poor service and leave the restaurant in a state ! Quite a few people stopped and were going to come in but walked on after commenting on the tables ! The food is not that good to give another chance ! and sort out your staff !!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frimley
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a great place for both tea and full meals. The food is always excellent and friendly. Normally you order at the counter and its brought to you although you can book a table for early evening dinners in the season when they shut at 8pm. Take your own wine. Not a 'posh' restaurant but good sea views and the foos outstrips many formal restaurants.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
london uk
“dissapointing and dirty”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

my son and some friends went to the brook tea rooms a few weeks ago and they had the lobster which was a very reasonable price, and he recommended it to me. we went here in august when we were on holiday locally, and was really looking forward to having the lobster, We got there about 5.30 pm, so I popped in to ask did they have any lobster available, the guy serving asked the chef and he said yes, so I explained we would be back later to eat, we went off for a walk and a look around and came back around 6.20 to get a table and to order,

I popped back in to ask the server how much the lobster was and he said £15 and then I asked him what did you get with it, he shouted over to the chef who was visible to me, the chef could see me yet he shouted, very rudely, " they get salad with it, if they want chips or potatoes they can order seperately and pay the difference" I was embarrassed and annoyed. anyway I said can we order please and the chef then shouted again, over my head as if I wasnt there, we're busy we have orders to fulfill so its a 50 minute wait, I went outside asked my family was 50 mins ok they said fine we will wait, I went back inside to say yes thats fine, we've got a table and to order some drinks.

meanwhile I went in to use the toilet!! absolutely disgusting, vile, dirty place. I actually walked out and went to the public toilets which were cleaner.

sat outside ( dirty tables) having a drink until 7.20 until it was time to order, then me and my husband went in to order, as we did another family were coming out and had been told the place was closed, ( even though it didnt close till 8 pm ) so I said to the server there must be a mistake, you told us to wait 50 minutes til we could order, he said oh sorry chef said we're closed. I was so shocked I just walked away.What a waste of time, I was upset I didnt get my lobster.... will never go back again

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Great position, generally not clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

What an attractive position so we made for it to have a quick snack & hot chocolate at about 10.30 am [It was cold outside]. Sadly the tables all appeared to be dirty and the interior was generally scruffy.Service was ok but the drinks arrived slopped in the saucer & were not hot. Don't on any account use the single toilet which looked as if it had not been cleaned for days and was way below the standard I have seen in similar establishments.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere