“Lovely House” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 56 Swanage B&B and Inns
warwick
“Lovely House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a great B&B - location excellent. Our room was spacious and comfortable, king size comfy bed good shower and nice decor. The breakfast was plentiful, really set you up for the day. Last but not least the wonderful Hosts, they were very helpful to anything you wanted and lovely people who had time to chat to you. Would highly rate this property.

Room Tip: They all looked comfortable. Ours was a double at the front! But very quiet at night.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed here over the May bank holiday weekend. The B&B is a fantastic base for exploring Swanage. The room was lovely and the bed was extremely comfortable. Mario and Anna were very friendly and the breakfast was superb. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We had a very friendly welcome, the rooms were furnished to a high standard and were very comfortable, breakfast excellent. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Addlestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Well I think my title says it all. My family has had one of the coastguard cottages in swanage since my Mother was a child. All of my family visit it year round every year. This year there just wasn't enough room as one of my sisters have now got a baby. So myself & my other sister & her hubby had to find shelter elsewhere. My sister found Taunton House, cheers muchly to my sister & all her efforts with sorting this out, which was only a very short walk to our family cottage. Annie & Mario looked after our every need. Their house is charming and I loved there garden especially as I for my sins am a smoker so I had somewhere to go instead of standing out in the street. Their breakfasts were crummy. My whole option of Tauton House is 'most excellent' so much so that when my whole family & I went to church in Studland, for their Easter services, I recommend this B&B to another church goer. If we all go down together to Swanage again & I will be more than happy to stay at Taunton House again.

Becky Tripp April 2012

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Taunton House. Owners very friendly, helpful with planning our days out, and cooked delicious breakfast. Ideally situated in the centre of Swanage, with off-street parking.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Salisbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We have just spent a very relaxing weekend at Taunton House. Annie and Marios are charming, very hospitable and friendly. We would thoroughly recommend this B & B to anyone, the breakfast was delicious!!!! We both slept very well waking refreshed and ready for some long walks around the area, Annie and Marios having given us ideas on where to go. Lovely place, lovely people!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Middlesex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed for three nights and found Taunton House a friendly and happy place. Greeted by Annie and with a relaxed easy introduction we quickly found ourselves at home.

Our room was light, airy and comfortable. The large fridge across the landing containing milk(with the jug on the tea tray) was so much nicer that the little plastic pots. The weather was very warm but we found no problems to having the window open at night and slept soundly.

The breakfast was excellent with ample choices, lots of tea and toast and the truly great Full English Breakfast. We were joined for breakfast by Mario and Annie and another guest. Our conversation covered different walking routes and sights and local information. We know the area quite well but even if we had not we would have gone out well provided with local knowledge.

Taunton House is right in the centre of Swanage with plenty of good eating places including good pubs close by. Any claim of "two minutes from the sea" would be entirely accurate.

Annie and Mario have no problems with walkers and understand them as well as taking a keen interest in how they get on.

We shall certainly return to this very felaxed and friendly home from home.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Taunton House? Share your experiences!