“Great weekend at Herston” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Herston Caravan & Camp Site

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Swanage
Herston Caravan & Camp Site
You added Herston Caravan & Camp Site to your Saves list
Washpond Lane, Swanage, Dorset BH19 3DJ, Swanage, England   |
Godalming
“Great weekend at Herston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just had a fantastic stay at Herston Caravan & Campsite, Clubhouse was very comfortable, and facilities were unequaled, staff couldn't do enough to make our stay perfect, J.C. Was the ideal host! Will definitely return next year for a longer stay, food was outstanding

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Swanage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On Sunday 30th. November 2014 in company with my wife , stepdaughter ,her husband and their 2 teenage children thoroughly enjoyed the Carvery provided. I would have no hesitation in recommmending the Venue to visitors and local people alike. The Establishment is very well run where all guests are made welcome on arrival. To save problems for seating purposes it would be an advantage to book a table in advance as the Restaurant is very popular with local families and obviously during the busy Seasons those spending time on the Camp Site itself will be using this fine facility also The Carvery is available on Sundays. All aspects of Hygiene appear to be very much a priority. I am unable to comment on the Camp Site itself as my wife and I have only used the Restaurant.
I am now delighted to quote in total comments made by my stepdaughter who emailed me soon after her return home to Andover.
"Thank you you for a very enjoyable lunch today. I have to say it's probably one of the best carveries I've been to for freshness and quality! The meat was superb! It's definitely got the thumbs up from us!"
In my opinion this is the best Carvery in the Swanage Area and is certainly worth supporting and seeking out even though it is a little way out of Swanage . It is part of the Herston Camp Site. A large number of local families make a point of eating there on a Sunday for Lunch. It can truthfully be said that if the "Local Population" use this Carvery regularly that it "MUST BE GOOD".

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As a regular visitor to Swanage I`d heard about Herston Farm and booked in for 3 days in the "Cherry" log cabin. No fuss check in and friendly reception. Cabin was nothing short of idyllic. Modern, spotlessly clean, all mod cons and quality bed, furniture and kitchen. No pound shop décor here. Two spotless bathrooms. It felt like the ultimate living space. The grounds are relaxing too with plenty of privacy.
Just 15 minutes walk from the Royal Oak and Globe pubs and the Royal Bengal curry house and chippy. Spar only another 100 yards. Recommend you carry a torch at night. Similar to walk the path to town.
Beautiful location all round with everything on site.
The hot tub was the highlight. This was clean and bliss to wallow in and watch the stars.
Even though its November and for half of our stay it lashed with rain, staying here still felt like we`d been on a proper holiday. Will be doing this again. Cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Forest Row, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We're on our way back from two nights in Herston and had such a great time. We arrived on Saturday evening and the staff were immediately friendly and invited us to a party on site with an elvis singer and free buffet. The site has a great shop and bar and is a short cycle ride to Swanage and to worth matrevers.The campsite do an excellent carvery on the sunday for £7.95. Excellent location and great facilities! Thankyou.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I often stay at Herston and decided that I should share how awesome it is to stay at Herston. I would recommend Herston to all my friends who want a nice weekend get away that is not too far. Awesome hot tub and Log cabins. Great entertainment at the pub.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Cirencester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We have been going to Herston for years we started off by camping than moved up to the Mongolian's and for the last few years have opted for the Log Cabins. Staff are very friendly and treat you really well and make you feel comfortable. We now feel part of the Herston family. We have made great friends as the locals are all very friendly too.

Room Tip: The log cabins are best may be more expensive but with an infant it is like being at home.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We booked into a hotel for two nights, a gift for my birthday but I was very upset as it was not what we expected, the receptionist recommended a log cabin as something different.
We telephone and spoke to a lady who was helpful and she said they had one log cabin leave that morning and she would arrange for it to be available for us for the one night.
On arrival we were made to feel so welcome, I was a little concerned at to what we let ourself into as the cabin was the same price as a hotel room, imagine our surprise when we saw our log cabin with hot tub on the deck.
On entry the log burner was made up ready to light with a basket of logs, in the open plan kitchen was complementary tea, coffee and sugar and in the fridge was fresh milk and a bottle of white wine and a note from Liz and staff saying enjoy, happy birthday, I could have cried. We had a fab time and did not want to leave but we will defiantly be coming back.
When we departed Liz was on her day off so this is to say thank you Liz for your kindness see you next year.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Herston Caravan & Camp Site? Share your experiences!