“Incredible” 5 of 5 stars

Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
88 attraction reviews
“Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I spent my days wondering around Sherborne and found myself several times here in the Abbey. This is one of my most beautiful Parish Churches I have seen. Parts of it date back to 705AD and others much newer but all so beautiful. I met the most incredible locals here also who were very willing to share the history and their love for their Abbey.

Visited January 2013

London
3 attraction reviews
“A true gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

If you are in Sherborne this is well worth a visit. I live nearby and try to visit the Abbey as frequently as I can and whenever I have friends visiting from outside of Dorset.
The Abbey itself is truly stunning but even better the volunteers working there are always happy to show you around and tell you more information about the windows, the history or anything else you express an interest in.

Visited January 2013
Dorset, UK
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Abbey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a really beautiful Abbey with lovely vaulted ceiling and many interesting displays. Well worth a visit. Beautiful at night when it is lit up.

Visited November 2012
Trowbridge, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Quite lovely with wonderful atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Abbey is quite central to the town. It is placed on a flat terraine and is easily accessed. A beautiful building with a solid and strong bearing. Quite a peaceful and yet grand atmosphere. The pretty park it nearby and the nearby buildings are very beautiful.

Visited April 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
9 attraction reviews
“Amazing Abbey!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We made a short afternoon visit to the Abbey. We met someone who gave us pamphlets and she was really welcoming. The Abbey is very well preserved and didn't even look like it was built many long years ago. Most of all, I love the history behind it. The organs was so splendid I couldn't take my eyes off them!

Visited December 2012