“Great food in a special way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 39 Restaurants in Shaftesbury
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Great food in a special way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wonderful food, but make sure you are hungry! delightful staff and reception. Noisy at times but this adds to the atmosphere. fully recommend the £5. lunch too. But book well in advance.

Visited December 2012

Hampshire
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have just had lunch it was excellent it is obvious the chef has changed, get in quick, it's going to get very busy. the food is all home cooked. About time somewhere that has excellent pub food

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Emneth wisbech
“Dissappointed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Food was fine, service was a bit lacking especially having to ask for the bill three times, and I was a bit dissappointed in loss of atmosphere after being told it was the best place around.

Visited March 2013
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Don't go there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was the second time we had gone in and a short while later gone out again,we will not be going a third time. The toilets were disgusting and not useable.
Very unfriendly place,we orderd a drink each and felt that was enough by the way we were dealt with. No one seems to care or be bothered you could sit there for hours and no one would bother about you or ask if you were ok.
Terrible place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bath, United Kingdom
“The Kings Arms should be folded!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We had eaten at this venue a couple of times before, probably a decade or more ago so perhaps I was naive to believe that a reasonable quality of food would still persist.

On arrival we took a seat at a table, only two other tables in use. A friendly young lady took our food order and delivered our diet Cokes. Then we waited for our soup starter. After about fifteen minutes it arrived. It was hot and tasted nice.

Another couple received their main course around the same time and they left quite quickly and there seemed to be a lot left.

Once finished our empty bowls were taken away and we waited and we waited. After some fifteen minutes I challenged the waitress and she said it was on its way. After another five minutes she appeared with our two orders of sausage and mash and onion gravy. The potato was quite lacking in form and was mushy rather than a rich inviting mash. There were three sausages. As we began my wife asked whether mine was hot, well no it was not. 'How about yours?" No.

I then went to the bar and told the bar tender that I wished to settle for the drinks and starter as we had waited too long for the main course and that now it had arrived it was not hot. She then had a problem with the till so I asked what we owed and she told me £10.50. With a £10 note n my hand I told her she would have to settle for that. She offered an apology and told me the chef was on his own. This is an excuse I have heard before in other places, when will people recognise that if they are going to open for business they must get temps in if the chef is alone.

A very bad experience and I would not revisit this establishment again.

• Visited December 2012