“Next time it will be High Tea or a Sunday Roast!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 108 Restaurants in Dorchester
Cuisines: British, Café, Tea Room
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Delicious home cooked food everyday - We serve breakfast, morning coffee, lunches, afternoon teas, light and main meals, Daily Specials, Fully Licensed, Bed and Breakfast Available, Walled Tea Garden, Reserve your table for Sunday Roast, Business Lunches, Private Bookings and Parties catered for, Free WiFi is available
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Next time it will be High Tea or a Sunday Roast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My first visit with my husband was a couple of weeks ago. We each had lovely latte, scrumptious sandwich - and I mean scruptious - he had crab and I had prawn both on rustic bread, they were delicious and we followed them with a piece of rich chocolate cake each - yum!

This Sunday while driving through Dorchester with friends we decided to stop for a cream tea. Unfortunately we had all been out for a lunch so could not manage the High Tea but it looked divine. The cream tea consisted of a very large, warm, home made scone with ample jam and clotted cream and a proper pot of good English tea - what more could one ask?

The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, the service friendly and the building full of character - we will be back! Well done

• Visited March 2013

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A little gem...cosy and welcoming owner and staff...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I visited on a snowy winters day recently. I was welcomed as soon as I got in the door and from the laughing and jollity coming from the back area, I got the impression it was a generally friendly place. It is old, tudor but not covered in chintz and bric a brac as some places that have the history seem to be. What there was, was tasteful and just enough, fresh flowers too.
I sat on the window seat, comfy and warm and had only tea and lemon cake which was good. My visit was made by Jada, a beautiful and sweet spaniel the owners were looking after. She sneaked under my table and cheekily got onto the window seat with me and nuzzled into my shoulder!!! Im not generally a dog person, but Id been wandering around alone with my own thoughts and she was just the attention I needed!!
Ive no wish to get the owners into trouble for allowing this and she was turfed off as soon as one of the girls serving saw here there, but as soon as her back was turned, she came back and Im afraid I welcomed her!
The toilets are spotless and nicely done out I remember noting. There was a very good value roast dinner on offer which on another occasion I may have tried and it is obviously popular as a large group came in whilst I was there, pre-booked, and an elderly lady who clearly has her Sunday lunch there regularly....speaks volumes?
I look forward to returning on my next visit to Dorchester, and Im going to sample the roast!!
The owner seemed a lovely lady when I spoke to her, true Dorsetshire accent!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TheOldTeaHouse, Owner at The Old Tea House, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we would love to see you again for a roast dinner, they are delicious! We only took care of the dog for a week, she is now back with her owners!
“Home from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

If you need a break from a stressful day then this is the place to come.
I am a regular and always receive a lovely welcome and great food.
As far as I concerned this is the ONLY place to eat in town.
I can't wait for the summer to sit on the garden with a pimms.
Debbie, Derek and John are excellent hosts and are like family.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We love seeing you come in so often and we too want the summer to hurry up so we can get customers into our lovely garden!
stoke on trent
“Home made food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great for a Sunday Roast, four different veg on the plate, all freshly prepped. Lovely old building and good atmosphere.

Only down-side was the DOG roaming around the place, they were looking after it for someone, so I guess it is not ususally there, but hygiene wise, it raised questions for me ...

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We are so glad you enjoyed the roast, they are really popular, we are very proud of them! The dog was with us for a week and is now happily back with her owners! We hope to see you again!
“Fantastic Roast Dinner!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

On a recent trip to Dorchester decided to try out this Tea Room as had been told the Roast dinners were amazing! What can I say it didn't disappoint, lovely home cooked food, excellent value for money and great selection of homemade puddings. A lovely unspoilt and charming building with extremely welcoming and friendly staff. Highly recommended and will definitely be visiting again!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much, we hope you come back to enjoy another fantastic roast dinner!