After browsing the website and reading the rave reviews, Yalbury Cottage didn't quite live up to expectations. Yes, the dining area is lovely, the room looked out over a pleasant field, and was comfortable and quiet, and yes, Ariane is an extremely attentive hostess, but the hotel lacked the wow factor we'd been led to expect, and felt more like someone's home with rooms than a classy country hotel. There were broken seats in the garden, which seemed to be for children rather than guests,for example and the breakfasts, whilst copious, were a bit pretentious for our taste. Comfortable, yes, but I'd expect more gloss as it's on the pricey side for room and breakfast.
- Also Known As:
- Yalbury Cottage Hotel Dorchester
- Yalbury Cottage Hotel
- Yalbury Cottage Dorchester, Dorset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yalbury Cottage is a wonderful Dorset country house hotel, near Dorchester. Offering cozy accommodation and award winning cuisine, serving only the very best local produce available. Set in the heart of Thomas Hardy's Dorset and just a short walk from the cottage where he was born and grew up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Yalbury Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.