We visited yelbury cottage 9th feb for a birthday meal. I must may the whole experience was outstanding.
We arrived just before 8 and were taken through to the waiting room which was seperate seating area for each party, the lady who was hosting was very tentative and friendly, our drinks order was taken and we were bought out a tray of delicious canapés. A short while later we were taken through to the dining room, which was very intimate and had the right amount of seating covers so that you continued to get the personal service.
The menu was sublime, we were in a party of 6 and we can highly recommend the following: the crab cake salad, the scallops and the cheese soufflé. All of which were very tasty and presented to the highest standard. To follow our party had the following mains, duck, venison, beef. There were 6 very clean plates after we had finished. The quality of the food they used was second to none, the portion sizes were perfect. To follow we were given the option of yelbury rarebit or cheeseboard. 3 in our party had the rarebit which was delicious and the others the cheese board. Personal favourite on the cheese board was a cheddar and black pepper, that was Devine and to my delight is available to purchase locally at a deli in dorchester.
The extremely hard choice came when choosing dessert with all of us having a sweet tooth and so many mouthwatering options available it was tough. We decided on the special of the day which was a chocolate panacotta, rum and rasin rice pudding, the rubarb cheesecake and the chocolate brownie, all of which were a taste explosion in the mouth,
The staff had even pipped happy birthday on the birthday boys desert which was very welcomed.
Overall 5* dining experience.. Well
Worth the cost and I will defiantly be returning.
Thank you for a wonderful evening.
- Also Known As:
- Yalbury Cottage Hotel Dorchester
- Yalbury Cottage Hotel
- Yalbury Cottage Dorchester, Dorset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yalbury Cottage is a wonderful Dorset country house hotel, near Dorchester. Offering cozy accommodation and award winning cuisine, serving only the very best local produce available. Set in the heart of Thomas Hardy's Dorset and just a short walk from the cottage where he was born and grew up. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Yalbury Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.