Tastefully decorated rooms in gorgeous Farrow & Ball colours, big comfortable bed with quality cotton bedding, gorgeous toiletries, friendly & welcoming staff team (so hard working it was very busy when we were there & they were still smiling!) good food, wine, real ales and Thatchers Cider, if that's your thing,it's the OH's so he was happy! Little gem of a place to stay and use as a base from which to visit the beautiful Dorset coast and villages. We hope to be able to make a return visit in the winter to enjoy the open log fires and wood burners we spotted!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Awarded Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2012 this is Dorset's Dining Pub of the Year twice in the past three years. Handsome 18th century coaching inn in one of England's prettiest villages, full of thatched cottages with a trout stream running through. Mentioned in Thomas Hardy's novels and the setting for Hollywood films of his work.Six newly refurbished bedrooms, dvds, ipod docks, proper pillows and duvets, wellies for bad weather and an award winning restaurant just across the car park from our stable block rooms.Families positively welcomed and we'll make you something to eat no matter what time you arrive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Greyhound Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Greyhound Hotel Dorchester
- The Greyhound Inn Dorchester, Dorset