“Amazing hotel for our wedding weekend!!” 5 of 5 stars

The Chocolate Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   5 Durely Road, Bournemouth BH2 5JQ, England   |
Ranked #65 of 151 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Tamworth
“Amazing hotel for our wedding weekend!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at the Chocolate Boutique Hotel for our wedding weekend Bank Holiday weekend in August 2013. From the moment we stepped through the door we were treated like family. Myself and my (now) hubs along with my parents and maid of honour stayed from the Thursday whilst other family members joined over the next couple of days and nothing was too much trouble to Gerry (the owner) who was pretty much a one-man-band for the whole weekend.
The rooms were fantastic with chocolate coming out your ears! (a dream!!) We stayed in the Montezuma Suite which was so spacious and clean and convenient, being on the ground floor! The other rooms were spotless with towels changed daily and chocolate replenished too! The bar was fantastic with a range of drinks available as well as a range of chocolate cocktails on offer which my uncle thoroughly enjoyed! The bar was open on request but again Gerry was so obliging on the Saturday when the hotel was full of us wedding crew!
The location was fab, around the corner from the town centre and not far from the beach - everything within walking distance.
During breakfast Gerry was on hand to prepare it for us to our dietary requirements and it was delicious. He was also so helpful with information about the local area and even helped with a last minute florist issue!
The morning of the wedding was completely stress-free (for us) as we took over the bar of the hotel for the hair and make-up salon and like I said nothing was too much trouble. My only regret is not taking you up on the offer of the Tuk-Tuk to the wedding Gerry!!
We are looking at making an annual trip to Bournemouth to relive wedding memories and The Chocolate Boutique will be top of the list every time!
We can't recommend this hotel enough!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

There are many good points: location is great, bed comfy, staff lovely and breakfast good. But, the 1st room we were allocated was on the 3rd floor with 6 flights of stairs to get to it, when in the room the roof slope made it very clostrophobic. We moved to another room, with great help from the staff, and it was better. But the bathroom was tiny, I could brush my teeth in the sink in front of me whilst on the toilet. Only one side of the bed had a bedside table and lamp. The paint on the ceiling in the shower cubicle was peeling and the sliding shower door slid off the end. Of the rail. The lighting was OK but a little murky. The old ' it is a boutique hotel' doesn't mean that you can hide behind these errors. If you are into your chocolate you can eat your fill for free, good quality stuff as well! All in all good value for what we paid but still only rates an average for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My Birthday treat from my wife two days of chocolate heaven. Stay in a hotel where there is chocolate on tap 24/7 surely this must be a dream, no its the Chocolate Boutique hotel. Had the most amazing time at the hotel with a chocolate truffle making class with a hen party on the Saturday morning which was pretty crazy. Staff were lovely and could not fault the whole operation from start to finish. Must have put on a stone over the two days. The room was small and compacted but each day was filled with chocolate so who cares.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thatcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I love this hotel. We've been promising to go for a few years and so booked it this year for my birthday. The staff were lovely and very helpful when I phoned up. They helped me to choose what would be best for my party. We opted for the chocolate sleepover which is only £99 per person and you get so much for your money. The portrait painting was very funny and the wine/chocolate tasting was very interesting and informative. The chocolate cocktails were delicious and Gerry was a great host. We had the chocolate fountain in the bar instead of the room and it was very nice with lots of things to dip into it.
The rooms are small but very clean and had everything you need. I loved all the free chocolate you got in the room. The beds are THE MOST COMFORTABLE I have ever slept in at a hotel.
The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff very accommodating. Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was really looking forward to my 2 night stay in this hotel but upon arrival I was pretty dissapointed the moment we got there.

Firstly our booking had been changed without notification, even though my friend booked the hotel about 8 months ago. One of our rooms was changed to a twin when we specifically booked 2 doubles? The lady even said we had requested the change, when in fact we didn't?

My friend took the twin, which was a fairly good sized room. Unfortunately our room, called FORASTERO was tiny and you walked into the bed as soon as you entered the room! My fiance and I had to keep moving out of the way of each other just to move around the room. If you were a hobbit then then room would be fine but for 2 adults it was just to claustrophobic and I would have asked to be moved if we had been staying more than 2 nights. For £100 a night it was totally not worth it.

We did have a nice bathroom, with an actual bath in it (most the rooms only had a shower), but you had to pull the door shut just to get to the toilet as it was very small. the window was also broken and would not stay up so we had to jimmy it open with a coat hanger as it was a hot weekend!

The chocolate is nothing special and as others have said it is pretty tasteless which is a shame as I was looking forward to the choccy treats.

The breakfast was really good so no complaints there. the lady that served us both days was very pleasant too but she was the only member of staff we saw there in 2 days?

All in all it wasn't bad..... but it wasn't great either and I prefered the Travelodge I stayed at last time I was in Bournemouth. Plus it had a much bigger room and was much cheaper and directly by the beach.

Shame

Room Tip: Don't book the FORASTERO room as it is tiny
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

A party of 8 (4couples) celebrated a 50th birthday at CBH. On arrival I was worried has the outside looked like it needed a lick of paint! But we received a very warm welcome, given our keys and told our rooms weren't quite ready, we didn't expected them to be as we arrived at 10.30. So we left our cars in the car park and went out for the day, walk to the beach which is only 5 minutes away. Bournemouth has a fabulously clean beach!

Our rooms were Trinitario, Maya and Aztec, these rooms were all quite small but adequate. The beds were extremely comfortable, we all slept very well. It consist of everything we required, even a daily hit of chocolate! ( take your own hair dryer, one supplied only blows out hot hot air), the birthday girl had the Truffle Suite this had a few extra facilities eg. Bathrobes, seat in the shower!

We decided to have a party buffet which we took with us, the hotel has a lovely garden so we made use of it has the weather was amazing. The owners are very much in the background and left us to our own devises.

There is a chocolate fountain in the hallway which has a constant supply of marshmallows, plus a very large glass full of 3 different types of chocolate buttons. So every time you passed you couldn't help but have a dip or 2! (Few extra pounds on the hips!!)

Breakfast was extremely pleasant, it's self service for cereal, fruit yoghurts & drinks. Cooked English breakfast is made freshly to your preference, anything from full, smoked salmon & scrambled eggs to of course chocolate pancakes!!

We had an amazing break at the Chocolate Boutique Hotel, thanks

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just returned from a nights stay here & loved it. We stayed in the 70 Percent room which is on the ground floor by the entrance. Initially I was concerned it could be noisy but it was not a problem. We opted for the romance package which included a chocolate fountain, a bottle of cava and chocolate cocktails. The bed was huge and one of the comfiest I've ever slept in!

Nothing was too much trouble, the owner Gerry was very friendly, opening the bar for us, making us the chocktails and letting us sample some of his new chocolate creations! We decided to eat at Lolitas tapas bar just round the corner having read some other reviews & Gerry kindly directed us. Would really recommend this to others staying at the hotel.

Breakfast was good although I was suffering slightly from a few too many drinks, my boyfriend ate his and then finished mine! Lovely quiet setting & great hosts, would love to return again.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room was a good size and temperature.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Chocolate Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!