“Westbourne Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 37 Coffee & Tea in Bournemouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“Westbourne Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I visited this restaurant one Friday night with my Mum and Dad after walking past numerous times whilst on holiday in Bournemouth. We read the menu on Friday afternoon and decided to turn up on the 'off chance' later the same evening.

We turned up about 7pm to an already very busy restaurant, luckily we were given the last remaining table. The Mediterranean feel to the restaurant was amplified by the beautiful mural which filled the entire room - the artwork of Salvador Dali covered the walls by a talented local artist (being an artist myself I found this very appealing!)

The restaurant is dubbed Mediterranean and has a distinct European feel with a choice of food from pastas and steak to stir fries and fresh daily specials - something for everyone. After perusing the menu again we decided the give the starters a miss (purely because we were making a conscious effort to save room for a dessert). My Dadopted for the daily special Sirloin Steak in garlic butter with chips and stir fry vegetables, my Mum went for the Chargrilled Salmon Fillet also with chips and stir fry vegetables. I chose the Oriental Stir Fry with chicken fillet strips.
All our meals were full of flavour and the portion was plenty. As my Dad is a bit of a steak connoisseur, I was slightly worried he would criticize his meal somewhat - quite the contrary! He gave his meal a rave review as we walked back to our hotel! My Mum loved the fusion of the salmon with the stir fry vegetables and my stir fry with chicken was delicious - flavours of hoisin came through with the taste of the crunchy fresh veg and the tender taste of chicken - fantastic! We did wait slightly longer than normal for our main course but understandable as the staff were very busy and once our meals arrived it was certainly worth the wait.

Unfortunately we were so full from the main course we didn't order a dessert. The numerous cheesecakes, cakes and other treats were on display near the bar area - they all looked mouth watering. 3 regular lattes were ordered instead which was the perfect ending to our meal.

Sadly we didn't have time to visit this restaurant again before we headed home but I would definitely visit again and sample the full 4 courses next time!

Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, making conversation with us about our holiday etc. which was nice.

• Visited August 2012

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“You will not be disappointed!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

First time we have used this restaurant in Westbourne and we were not disappointed.

Ordered the Bacon & egg Ciabatta's which was on the breakfast menu that was served till noon. Also ordered 2 large flat whites.

The coffees came after a few minutes. This is the first time in Bournemouth that a restaurant has known what a flat white is. The Bacon & egg ciabatta's came in around 10 minutes which was pretty good considering that the restaurant was fairly full at the time. They were delicious, 2 large pieces of grilled back bacon and 2 perfectly cooked runny fried eggs.

The waiteress was attentative and service with a smile. Not seen very oftern I am afraid.

Well done !!!!

PS The rest of the menu looked inviting also with Special Lunches, Mediterranean cuisene and also the oriental & Thai meals that are served in the evenings. Must give it a try one evening.

• Visited December 2012
Poole, United Kingdom
“Oh dear......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Phoned to book a table and were told the 6.30 table would have to be clear for the next customers by 8pm. We were then offered the 9pm slot. At 8.35 we received a phone call to say people were still at our table and it wouldnt be available until at least 9.30pm!!!! SHODDY CUSTOMER SERVICE is putting it very mildly. I was visiting my daughter who lives very near the Coffee Club and it ruined out planned saturday evening totally. I dont recommend this business at all. The food might be wonderful but not if they suddenly cancel your booking so late!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Don't eat anywhere else! FAB”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We tried to book in here on Friday but it was fully booked. We managed to get a table on Saturday night and we got a place in the alcove... Really nice position, no one trying to push past you, felt really relaxed. The food was fantastic, I had a steak with a lot of garlic and I could not fault it. We all had really good food and lovely wine. The staff were beyond excellent. I have eaten in a lot of places and this really was faultless.

When we go back to Westbourne we will be eating here.

• Visited November 2012
england
“Good Food, with a smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We go to CC a lot and like the big portiions of freshly cooked food. Staff are normally very nce, although they are always rushed off their feet, owners take note you need some more staff!! Always good veggie choice and they will cook something for you if you ask.

Visited October 2012