“Beautiful food” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1202 420772
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Salathai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 521 restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Sala Thai Restaurant As the first local Thai restaurant here in Bournemouth, we are proud pioneer in serving exceptional Thai Cuisine to our local inhabitants. With over 25 years expertise, we offer to you the finest authentic Thai dishes. Here at Sala Thai restaurant, you are ensured a beautiful traditional Thai atmosphere, a graceful yet friendly service and Fresh handpicked Thai ingredients. We take pride in being a family-run business because of that reason we pour our heart into everything we do.
Bournemouth
“Beautiful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a very comfortable restaurant that serves wonderful food at very resaonable prices. I cannot fault this place and will definitely go again and recommend it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went here recently with my wife and parents and had a lovely meal. Starters of Thai Fishcakes and Sweetcorn Cakes were tasty and the portions massive. For mains, between us we had Mixed Seafood Parcel, Yam Talay and Squid fried with Chilli and we couldn't fault it. My parents enjoyed their Tiger Beer as I did my Singha Beer. Service was polite and efficient without being over bearing. Believe that the current owners have only been in situ for 7 months so they have made an excellent start. Oh and the desserts are good too................as long as you like bananas.

Music was of the traditional Thai variety and played at a pleasant volume instead of that ear splitting Thai pop music that you get in some restaurants.

The only slight downside was that there was only one other table occupied the whole time we were there so the atmosphere was a bit flat but this can be put down to the recession and the fact that we visited on a Monday.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bournemouth
“OK, but nothing more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I've been to Salathai twice, a couple of years apart, both times on the recommendation of others. Unfortunately, I've left disappointed both times and I've never really understood why it seems to be so highly rated; I hear a lot of good comments about it from people around the town.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about it as such. The service is friendly, the restaurant is not unpleasant and the food isn't awful or anything. However, on both occasions nothing stood out, and all the dishes were ok but unmemorable - so much so that my partner had forgotten we'd been before when we went the second time!

I'm yet to find a good Thai restaurant in Bournemouth, and this is one of the better ones, but it took 4 years for us to return after our first experience and I expect it to be longer this time. If you like Thai food it's probably worth a try as so many people do seem to rate it, but I can think of 3 Thai restaurants in Bath alone that are absolutely miles better. That may seem an odd comment, as Bath is 80 miles away, but it's a place where I've eaten a similar amount of Thai food to Bournemouth, and we still drive to Bath every time we fancy Thai, as at least we know it will meet our expectations!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Small, cute, courteous, good quality, good house red wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Small and cute restaurant. Good quality cooking, soups delicious, starters excellent, usual selection of Thai main dishes. Very courteous people. Tip: The house red wine is superb and only £10.50 too. They also have some good set menus and takeaway deals.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
uk
“An awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We went here to get a takeaway for the first time and were hugely impressive with the wonderful dishes we got. It was all cooked perfectly and tasted great with really fresh vegetables. As a vegetarian it is sometimes difficult to find a really good restaurant which serves good vegi dishes, but Salathai was exceptional and we will be going back there again and again. The staff were really friendly and we felt very content whilst waiting for our ordered delights.