“Excellent ,very pleasant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Croham Hotel

You added The Croham Hotel to your Saves list
The Croham Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Durley Road South, Bournemouth BH2 5JH, England (Formerly Croham Hurst Hotel)   |
Ranked #59 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Excellent ,very pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I ,having read negative trip advisor reviews ,were thus more than pleasantly surprised by this newly refurbished hotel .We were greeted by pleasant and helpful staff .
Everywhere was sparkling clean ,newly furnished and decorated including our room .
The breakfast was excellent ,as was the service and all for for less than £35.
Goodness knows what picky people require .They should book 5star hotels in the first place .
We would definitely return .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I booked this hotel for my partner and two friends when they went to see a concert in Bournemouth. I emailed the company through booking.com when booked it as had a few special requisites. I was promptly emailed back with a reply saying this was all fine and extremely helpful. I had read bad reviews and was worried wouldn't be good after booking it so i emailed again and they put my mind at rest. My partner and boys checked in fine nice clean room i did request one double and two singles but they must have forgotten as we got all singles and there where not enough towels in room but they just asked for more and where looked after, For three people on a Friday night including breakfast £74.00 You cannot go wrong. Brilliant and helpful staff very clean,Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Having travelled the world extensively this place is one of the worst we have stayed. All the staff were obviously trained at "Rude School" Many items of dissatisfaction are quite trivial but the main issues started with the reception attendant demanding a 250 pound bond on the 4 rooms I had booked, consider we were 3 couples ranging in age from 56 to 60 years, not your average impression of a bunch of holligans planning to wreck a hotel room. After agreeing to this absurd request we found the room being not much bigger than a large dog kennel, the shower door only opened 50 % of it's designed diatance making entry and egress very difficult, the tea/coffee offering had the various items pushed into a throw away plastic cup, only one tea cup was provided, no glasses were provided the bed being the main issue was obviously installed just after the last war as it was completely worn out with springs protruding through the upper surface. The list of fines that were attached to the door were offesive and absurd including if any makeup marks or stains were found on any bedding a 10 pound charge would be levied. The room smoke alarm went off at 5am and upon ringing reception to report this fact was supprised to have the staff member immediately hang up without comment, minutes later a staff member was very aggressively banging on our door to which I answered and was greeted with "there is something wrong with it I can't turn it off" he then walked off, leaving my wife and I wondering if we were actually in a burning building, this alarm fortunatly stopped some minutes later. At breakfast we were not welcomed by the staff on duty but simply greeted with the statement " full English" we stated yes and she walked off, only a couple of minutes later an obviously pre prepared plate of basic food was dropped in front of us, from then on no further communication took place.
The charging of a parking fee in their own carpark we also felt was beyond acceptance.
At checkout after paying the account I tried to point out some of the issues with this establishment mainly about the discussing bed but for all intense and purposes was dismissed by the receptionist.
It was apparent that numerous other guests were also complaining about variouse issues but seemed to be getting the same reaction as I.
Between our group we decided the place was not to dissimilar to a cross between Fawlty Towers and some sort of interment camp.
Take my advise and avoid this one like the plague.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
swindon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night with Husband and 2 children, on arrival the room smelt of smoke and was on ground floor we requested to move, put in a room with 4 single beds then which we had to move together, Husband went to see reception as one of sheets was stained, (note on back of door poster states if you get make up on bedsheets you have to pay £10 per item!!), so he reluctantly changed with no real apology. Hairdryer on using sparked a flame and on checking the electricity sticker was due for next check 2006, mentioned this also and advised can have a better rate if we stay again. Breakfast was limited and poor and lady asked if we mind if they hoover before we had finished eating which is not the best over a quiet breakfast is it. No information given on check in, no polite service at all and rooms were sparse with limited tea and coffee and toilet rolls and towels. Pay for parking and asked to pay an additional cost if you don't check out on time, shame as could be a nice hotel if they would only try a little harder as the place is in a good location and could offer lots of potential with the right staff and attitudes.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed at the Croham Hotel for 3 nights and was disappointed with the room as it was very small for a double. The pillows had seen better days and had no support at all. The television was so high that it made your neck sore to look at it. The tap in the bathroom was not secured to the sink so twisted around when you tried to turn it on and although it was stated as a No smoking hotel, there was lots of cigarette ends on the roof outside our window, not a pleasant sight. The hotel also stated there was a lift to all floors, but this was not working.
This hotel certainly needs a visit from the Hotel Inspector.
Most places now give you free WiFi but not this hotel just another add on!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel was clean inside we had booked 3 double rooms for 3 couples when we got there we had to pay £250 deposit, also our room was so small it felt like we were in a caravan bedroom 2 ppl couldn't walk around at the same time, and the bathroom although it was clean it was tiny you couldn't sit on the toilet properly you had to sit on a slant, the shower was ok,but very small and when we went to bed the bed was so squeaky u were to scared to move as u thought u would wake the ppl in the next room, the pillows were thin and over used,also the heating system which we had on all night because it was cold in the room made a lot of noise, tea and coffee was very limited only full fat milk sachet and no sweeteners, enough for 1 cup of coffee and tea each per day, we had to climb 3 flights of stairs with our cases and was not shown or offered where the lift was, my husband has a bad back and I'm pregnant so we could have benefitted from the lift, I wouldn't stay again but if you want cheap and a bed to get your head down it's fine

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

The heater in the room did not work. As a result I and the person sharing the room with me were very cold. It is winter season and we spent the entire night shivering. At the time I asked the night porter if he had any suggestions. He came into the room and could not fix the situation. He never had a spare heater either. Although he was apologetic, the night was still spent in the cold. Even the reception area was warmer than the room I was staying in.
Not only was it an extremely unpleasant say, I also caught a cold. It is now Monday and I am unable to go to work. Not only am I out of pocket of £110 for the rooms but I am also missing a days pay. I hope I am well enough to go to work tomorrow and not miss another days pay.

The following morning I spoke to the person working behind the reception desk about this who advised me since I reserved the room from booking.com I would need to take this matter up with them.

I have spent money in good faith and was not provided with the service I expected. I am not a demanding customer but at the very least I would expect the heater to be working.
Upon sending an email to Booking.com I received a telephone call from them who advised me apparently a member of staff from the hotel went into the room in question and discovered the heater was working. I will not comment on this. I can only advise on the night we stayed in the hotel the heater was not working. The nigh porter could not get it working. The situation is as follows:
1. The heater was not working as neither myself, roommate of night porter could get it working. I know this is the case as the display screen on the heater had an error message.
2. The heater was working and night porter could not operate it. This is unlikely. If this were the case why is the hotel employing a porter that cannot operate a heater? Surely this should be there job.

I am not happy with the response given and feel my concerns are being dismissed as neither parties are taking liability.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Croham Hotel? Share your experiences!