I stayed here on business for two nights. Plus points first: there is free wifi and all the rooms have an iron and ironing board, which when travelling with work is much more convenient than having to go and borrow one.
Less impressive was the long wait for food in the restaurant despite it being virtually empty and the empty shower gel dispenser, which I did not discover until I was already in the shower. Also, if breakfast is advertised as starting at 7am, it needs to start at 7am, not between 5 and 10 minutes later, by which time a mass of people anxious to get off for the day's work were waiting.
Overall it is fine but not inspiring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and 7 miles of sand beaches Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown rail station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Urban Resort Bournemouth has 116 air-conditioned bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, an Urban Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Village Urban Resort Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel
- Village Hotel Bournemouth