“Tired Hotel a disappointing stay.” 2 of 5 stars

You added Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth to your Saves list
Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   East Overcliff Drive, Bournemouth BH1 3AN, England   |
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Tired Hotel a disappointing stay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We recently spent four nights at the hotel and would have to say it was a disappointing experience. While the room had a lovely view the hotel itself is in need of an upgrade. The staff in general were very pleasant and did all they could to assist during our stay. Although on check out we were not asked if we enjoyed our stay or offered any assistance with our luggage. There was no mini bar available or even milk to make a cup of tea. If staying be aware that breakfast finishes at 9.30 am even though we were told when checking in it was 10.00am. So the first morning we missed out and the second morning the power went out and we missed out again.
Overall it is not worth the money and I certainly don't believe it is four star quality.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to post a review, I am sorry that you felt your experience over the four days of your stay warranted a two out of five rating.I have to say the team and I am most suprised given that we know who you are and what room you stayed in.The room you had was 2207 a nice sea facing room with a balcony.I accept the breakfast times were miscommunicated which affetced you on the thursday and friday of your stay, regretably there was a power failure in the bournemouth area which was beyond our control on the sunday morning.We do not have mini bars in any of our rooms but we do provide milk jiggers in the room which are changed daily, fresh milk is provided with our compliments upon request.Refering to your comment about the hotel being tired, I am pleased to advise all readers of this review that we have almost completed our bedroom refubishment with 30 of our west wing rooms completed and the remaining 8 will be finished on the 28th October, this has transformed the bedroom product we now have to offer to future guests.The pulic areas are in the process of being re decorated as well.Many thanks for your review, Paul Clarke General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

we hired a function room for our Golden Wedding party. The beautiful room was laid out just as we wanted and was enjoyed by all. We also had the service of a very sweet waitress and other staff. Our guests were delighted.(as were we,) with the venue with many promising to hold their next celebration at your hotel. Many thanks for making our celebration so successful

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wonderful weekend family gathering, 22 in all, of parents, grandparents, and children well catered for and serviced particularly by patient and understanding waitress Shauna. Good accommodation and excellent cuisine located close to the beach and attractions of central Bournemouth, Adjacent health suite and swimming facilities enjoyed by children ranging in age between eleven and nineteen. All in all a fantastic break.However, one complaint, the disabled accommodation requires a walk in shower rather than the bath that I was unable to use..

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maidstone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at East Cliff Court hotel for one night on 15/9/12. It started off almost with disappointed, after having spent some considerable time reviewing hotels, we arrived only to be told that the website I had booked the hotel through had over booked the rooms and they were full. They said it was booking.com who had done this, however I had actually booked through travelrepublic.com so who was actually responsibly, I don't know. I expressed my disappointment and the man on the desk then gave me a room, which was even better than I had ordered - not only a seaview, but also with a balcony. So fortunately for us, it worked out well, however there were a family who came in after we had checked in and had the same problem and were turned away.
So despite the initial problems, the hotel was great. The room was extremely comfortable, with fantastic views, comfortable bed and extremely clean. The hotel isn't cheap,but then none of them are in Bournemouth, so I would say this is good value for money and good that you can book one night (and not the obligatory two as with a lot of the hotels). We only ate breakfast, but it was superb and very good service.
The hotel is along the more peaceful area of East Cliffe which means you're close enough for the town but without the noise. It takes about 10 minutes to walk into the town.
I would definitely stay again but would double check the booking before arriving.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed every second of our stay, did exactly what we needed chilled, comfortable, excellent sea view room and excellent staff, they even laid on the weather it was perfect and I can only say a huge thank you

• Stayed September 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went to Bournemouth together with my friend to see some sights as we heard that it is a top destination to visit.
We have chosen to book Menzies East Cliff Court via Lastminute.com, which was really good idea as they have given us very good price for really amazing room.
I have also heard that this hotel is one of the best hotels in Bournemouth. Now after visiting the place I would say it is the best.
We have been allocated a standard double room but it still had smashing side sea view.
The rooms must have been just refurbished as they looked very nice and looked after. The breakfast was another nice surprise, it was plentiful. I can't even remember what exactly was in menu as it was a really long list of what is served.
The staff was very nice too. Girls who were serving the breakfast were really efficient, quick and friendly. I can recommend this place to everyone with no doubt that you will not enjoy it! Ohh almost forgot :) The views are breath taking! Hotel is on the top of the cliff.
The hotel is situated near the town centre, shops like eg tesco are just 5 mins walking distance from the hotel.
We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: think that all are good as they must have refurbished the rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I took our family to the East Cliff Court for the Air Show event on Friday 31st August - it was a fantastic day and made all the more enjoyable by the professional and friendly staff at the East Cliff, starting with pimms then bar-b-que lunch and finally afternoon tea whilst watching the wonderful red arrows perform there amazing was truly memorable. we shall certainly be visiting again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth? Share your experiences!