“Thank you for saving the day!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Miramar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   East Overcliff Drive, Bournemouth BH1 3AL, England   |
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Thank you for saving the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We booked a short break to Bournemouth and unfortunately booked the wrong Hotel - please see my review of the Menzies Carlton Hotel.
On our second night we booked an evening meal at the Hotel Miramar. We received a warm welcome and were directed to our table. The management of the restaurant was exceptional. The service provided by our waiters was attentive and efficient, despite the restaurant being quite busy. Our youngest Daughter was feeling unwell and ordered a starter and then went to the garden with me for a walk. After we returned our starter was ready and we were approached and asked if our Daughter would like to order a main course. It made a very pleasant change to be offered an opportunity to a select a meal which was not included on the menu in order to meet her needs. The starters and main courses were beautifully presented and served in an appropriate quantity to meet the requirement of each guest. There was a selection of desserts which all looked so wonderful it was almost impossible to choose. There were 7 of us in our party and we had not one recommendation for improvement. We were offered the opportunity to take coffee in a comfortable lounge area, again the service was exemplary.

Aside from the exemplary dining experience, the Receptionist, Hannah, was friendly and approachable. All areas of the hotel that we saw were immaculately clean and accessible to all guests.

We would like to say a HUGE Thank You to the Managers and Staff we met during our visit, you demonstrate how a 4* Hotel should treat its guests. We hope to be able to return for a holiday with you soon. Our only regret - we didn't book our recent holiday with you!

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight here but the rooms look lovely in the brochure and I think I would have en...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

To David Bailey the Owner and GM

I'd like to say how enjoyable it was to have the Ambassador Suite for 3 nights to celebrate my retirement and 65th Birthday

I was a little disaapointent to find no sunbeds on the balcony. Luckily went back to our local home to get a sunbed.

The housekeeping in the room was excellent and the room was fantastic. However I would like to point out to you that the heated towel rail on the en-suite comes on at 11pm and stays on all night. It must have been 90 to 100 degrees in the bathroom. Perhaps a thermostat to save you some more money.

Tuesday night we booked the restaurant for a meal. We sat near the window where the dead waiter is. We were served by a tall waiter and a lady pony tail at the back she kept dropping things around us and on the dead waiter behind us. I had Sirloin steak for my meal which when it arrived it looked lovely. Before that we had soup and a roll each and butter. Then we had a roll with our dinner so we asked for more butter. The male head waiter said to the lady waiter please can we have some more butter for this table, she replied rather abruptly "I have already taken them butter!" where she had not. Harry had the steak and Matthew had the Duck. When they brought the vegetables some of it fell on to our lap as they were rushing. When it was all on the plate I said I would like some French Mustard. I asked the waiter for this.

We waited quite a while he then told the lady to bring it. Before I knew what had happened she had a big spoon and she put a big spoon dollop of Mustard onto my plate and was about to put another huge dollop on! As we had quite a few Christmas's with you we were both very suprised at this. We also had my 60th in your Library Room. I did want to say somthing that night and complain at the table but Matthew asked me not to as he does not like to upset people and did not want to ruin our last night.

I would suggest asking the Restaurant Staff to be less rushed! They kept knocking into customers and makings lots of noise. Perhaps some more training of common courtesy? Thank you

We were going to have dinner there Thursday evening but after our awful experience of Tuesday night in the Miramar. Restaurant we decided of course not to. Instead we had a bar meal on the outside seating area overlooking the sea which was fantastic which much better staff.

The receptionist was fantastic. This experience had not spoilt our enjoyment of coming to the Mirarmar.

I just thought we would point this out to you as we did not want to make it awkward for breakfast.

The garden is fantastic. We met some lovely guests as well.

Thank you very much all you did for us and hope to see you again very soon as we love your Hotel.

We noticed the painter and decorator was doing the windows, then when they watered the balcony plants the mess went everywhere.

Some fruit in the room or some touches like that would have made all the difference.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Hope that all goes well for the airshow and that you will be very successful. We hope to use Room 114 the Ambassador Suite again in the future.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Make sure to choose the Ambassador Suite everytime you visit this Hotel as any other room would be d...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LONDON, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Generally very good, suffers a little from employing non English staff but never the less they try very hard to please. The room we had overlooked the car parking area but with the windows open we were able to manage through the hot night without any air con. The food was very good both for breakfast and diner but it felt old fashioned but difficult to put my finger on it. The public rooms were spacious and comfortable and the gardens were well kept and with the good weather lovely to sit out in, even more so for the view. My main problem was with the dish washer as there was either cutlery or crockery that had to be changed pretty much at each sitting.
They obviously are doing something right as they were very busy even though mainly with the older generation. Would be more than happy to go back.

Room Tip: room 110 was very comfortable with all the facilities working except the shower was a bit weak. Flat...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

10 of us ladies visited the Hotel Miramar for afternoon tea on Sun 20th July - we did book beforehand. As soon as we arrived in the car park, we were greeted by a lovely man that helped organise car parking, as the hotel can get extremely busy. We were seated outside on a lovely decked terrace which overlooked their stunning gardens and the sea! We were blessed with beautiful weather, but our long table was also covered with big garden umbrellas too, which I believe would probably be shower proof. The food was delicious and when asked, we were happily served with additional hot water and milk at no extra charge - yes, some places do charge for this. Our waiter were very friendly and nothing seemed too much trouble. The milk was originally forgotten, but then came quickly after an apology. I would actually now like to stay at the hotel, as well as have another afternoon tea there!

Bournemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My friend and I visited this hotel for Sunday lunch recently.

It was such a shame that the potatoes were tinned, the swede was diced and obviously previously frozen. The quality of this was poor and it was inedible.

When it came to dessert there was virtually nothing left; it just looked like a big mess. One diner was actually helping himself to the dessert, and was using his hand to hold it whilst cutting it with a knife! Charming. Who would want to eat that after he had been pawing it? I explained this to a member of staff but she was non committal. She enquired if there was anything else but was told no.

Although my friend and I decided not to have a dessert because the choice was so limited, we were still charged for it. I think this is a cheek. We were also charged for the coffee. Double cheek.

There are not enough staff to serve the customers in this hotel and you are often left waiting for a long time to be served.

We won't be returning. Customer care and satisfaction is completely lacking in this establishment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without the air conditioning unit outside. It will keep you awake all night.
Long Ditton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel stands in beautiful grounds on the sea front. The bedrooms have recently been refurbished, and their junior suites are excellent and good value for money. All staff are caring, efficient and friendly and happy to attend to any need. The brother and sister who run the hotel are omnipresent = and it shows. Rooms are extremely comfortable and provide all the amenities you could need (including robes and slippers in the higher priced rooms). Light lunch and tea on the Terrace overlooking the stunning gardens and the sea are just delightful. Food in the dining room is average; somewhat old fashioned for breakfast and dinner, and reminiscent of holidays past! The charm and comfort of this hotel has been cleverly maintained and guests seem to book from year to year. We shall certainly be back.

Room Tip: Try to book sea facing room, and a junior suite if you can afford one. The difference is considerabl...
Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel as we enjoyed it very much last visit.We were with my brother and sister in law and had a lovely time.The rooms and bathrooms had been refurbed with beautiful soft furnishings and a modern bathroom.The new outside raised decking area is fabulous especially as the hotel has a great sea view.The breakfast and evening meals were very good and the service excellent. Thanks again for a wonderful couple of days.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Miramar? Share your experiences!