“Fantastic wedding the miramar” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Miramar to your Saves list
Hotel Miramar
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   East Overcliff Drive, Bournemouth BH1 3AL, England   |
Ranked #7 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Fantastic wedding the miramar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

We had our ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening  reception at the miramar on the 7th April 2012. The location was excellent enabling us to get married on the lawn looking over the sea. We then managed to get to the beach easily as the cliff lift is only 100 meter walk away. As a result we had some fantastic photos. We looked at about 15 hotels in Bournemouth and the miramar was head and shoulders above the rest.

We were awkward and wanted one large dinning table for our 40 guests. The hotel facilitated this and it looked brilliant.

The staff were very good, all polite, helpful and efficient to every request.

David Baily (hotel manager) met with us several times before the big day. He helped us plan every aspect of the iday and gave us some very useful advice to make the day run smoothly. Several of our suppliers told us that David is the best wedding organiser in Bournemouth. We can see why.

The evening reception worked really well. Our evening buffet was the sausages and burgers. These were excellent quality and there was loads of food left over after everyone had eaten.

All in all we had a fantastic day and we can highly recommend the hotel as a wedding venue. Our day was made perfect by the venue and it's staff.

Our pictures of this venue are online if you are planning a wedding you may want to have a look at them at http://www.byjason.eu/070412 these will show you what a lovely venue the miramar is.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This is my second visit to the Miramar. A traditional hotel with astonishing sea views looking across the front lawn. My refurbished room, 222, was on the second floor overlooked the rear lawn at the right hand side of the hotel. I experienced some slight noise from staff depositing rubbish in wheelie bins outside but nothing to disturb my night sleep.The mattress, however, was a little saggy and uncomfortable.

On my 3 night stay I noticed the hot water was tepid very early in the morning and at teatime despite running the tap for a while, but it was very hot by the evening.The tea tray was replenished daily, but I had to ask for extra milk as insufficient was supplied.The room was clean with a lovely warm bathroom due to the heated towel rail, although a little dark as there was no natural light.Very basic toiletries. Back up electric heater supplied a little antiquated and rusty. Breakfast was satisfactory. I would like to have had baked beans included as part of the standard 'Dorset' breakfast. Repetitive choice on table d' hote menu over the 3 night stay. Melon, prawns, lamb and the same selection of desserts which, although delicious,could be monotonous on a longer stay. The food was tasty and nicely presented, and served by mostly attentive staff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lahaina, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I can not forget this unique place which is Miramar. Elegant and glorious, coming from another time, it's a beauty and honor for Bournemouth to have this first class hotel.
Wonderful room, partial sea view, clean and bright.
HB it was fabulous, do not know what to have ... and a very polite gentleman, Robert, served me at the table, light a candle and explain me the menu, how is cooked what wine is recomended ... Wonderful dessert ... if you can more !
Have you seen the gardens, well, have a look at my photos ! Enjoy Miramar is unique !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My partner and I attended a function at the Miramar over the weekend and decided to stay another night because the hotel really was great. This is an old fashioned, non-chain location that has great character and numerous incredibly polite, helpful and efficient staff. The drinks are not cheap and the selection is limited; it would be good if they introduced a cocktail menu. However, the dinners are first class for value. Very close to town centre yet in tranquil and impeccably maintained grounds with breathtaking views to sea. The decor has a slightly 1990's feel but that is strangely comforting! Another plus is that dogs are also made to feel welcome. Overall, you will not be disappointed - everybody attending the function seemed to love the place and spanned a broad age range between us.

Room Tip: Sea views are obviously superb, although our room (121) at the back was peaceful and neat.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Well after such a great stay last december with my wife we missed the old place and im mean that in the best possible way ,the great food and the great staff, having room service over looking the sea cream teas such a great place to de stress.So we went back in January and also in Febuary and enjoyed it just as much,if you need your wi fi its all there ,many thanks to the great staff and the chef see you soon viv and peter ps. both times we had room 105 great veiw.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I arrived at the hotel at 1.30 in the morning after our booking at a different hotel was not honoured! Despite the late hour the receptionist was very friendly and polite- he even gave us a sea view room at a reduced rate and then carried our case to the room. Given our late arrival, on the Saturday morning we arrived at breakfast somewhat late however were quickly welcomed to the dining room and enjoyed a delicious breakfast. We were so happy with the service offered that we booked an additional night & also booked the four course gala dinner - which was excellent. I cannot stress how welcoming and friendly the staff were. We had a lovely weekend and will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed February 2012
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

To clarify, there is internet wi-fi in the hotel lobby, and the signal rises intermittently to rooms on the first floor. I was in room 103 and managed to use my laptop in my room about half of the time. The signal cuts in and out. For me, Internet access is essential for my work and, as I explained to management, this alone would be a deal killer for me next time. I was told that the situation will "definitely" be remedied within the coming year, that it is "in the pipeline".

Aside from that, the location is lovely and there is a fading old-world charm. An over-abundance of staff in my opinion, and the target clientele, at least during my two week stay in February 2012, is elderly. There were times I felt the lobby situation resembled a Saturday night social at an upscale nursing home.

The meals are prix fixe 30 pounds. All entree selections (4, perhaps) came with sauces, but that is sort of a British thing. They bake their tomatoes! There are zero options for a diner who might want something light such as, say, a small pizza. No burgers, nothing like that. I heard that there is a meal especially for children at 5pm, which is sort of weird. I saw a few - not many - families with young children, and the kids really had no options.

I travel a lot internationally and so my priorities are location, cleanliness, Internet access (fast), menu options, friendly and responsive staff, a wake-up call I can hear. There are also no newspapers available for purchase in the public area of the Miramar. If you do not request one delivered to your room each day, you won't get one at all. In which case, you might want to check the Internet for news. Good luck.

Room Tip: Avoid 103 if possible. It is situated directly over a lounge that the hotel rents out. If an event...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Miramar? Share your experiences!