“July/August Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Bournemouth
Luton
“July/August Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

After another family holiday in Bournemouth staying at the Hermitage, we would like to thank all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable again. We are particularly grateful for the help and support provided by the hotel following a fall suffered by a family member outside the grounds.
We found the hotel up to its usual exceptionally high standards, including the fine dining in the restaurant and the superb customer service demonstrated by all members of staff. Even though the weather was was very hot, the fans provided in the rooms kept us comfortable throughout our stay.
With its prime, central location and attention to detail, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to enjoy the best Bournemouth has to offer. The Hermitage fully deserves its 4 stars and AA Rosette for its restaurant.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Winchfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We enjoyed a fantastic lunch at this hotel today and I cannot express how impressed I was at the service we received from our 2 waiters and all the staff we encountered. Nothing was too much trouble, they were professional and attentive at all times. The food was excellent, well presented and very well priced. The hotel is immaculate and is situated in a fantastic location close to the sea and gardens. We look forward to visiting again in the near future. Thank you for making our visit so memorable today. The most outstanding customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Have just spent another Holiday at the Hermitage Hotel, where we have done so for the past few years. The hotel is in an ideal location with free car parking and just minutes from the Pier/Beach, Gardens and the town. The rooms are well maintained, and the service by all members of staff from Reception to Restaurant to Cleaning Staff is excellent, most professional, and Friendly. There is a first class restaurant where the presentation and quality of the food is excellent. The reception staff are very knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble for them.
We look forward to returning to the Hermitage again next year and have no hesitation in recommending this Hotel .

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

It was the first time in Bournemouth for me. The Hotel placed in the city center close to the beach. It was an adwantage as well as the beautiful room with a nice view. I was living in the standard room with a see view. In the room you can find quite all what you need. BUT, what was pissied me off:
1. I had a bottle of wine, and to open it they asked me to pay 9£.
2. At time i was there, in the evening the weather was really bad, and I allowed my friends to spend some time in my room( from 23.00 to 01.00) afterwards we called a taxi and they left. At the morning one girl was comming to my room, she was living close to this Hotel, to have a tea with me, whatever. Afterwards on the reseprion, it was the day i had have to leave, i have been asked to pay for 2 extra persone which were in my room during the night. How they were trying to guess about people in my room - much more interesting story. So someone was oppening my door two times before my friend left and one time at the morning(firslty i thought it was a wind, but fortunately wind cannot open the door when it's really closed). The holet stuff was watching me not knoking on the door. How did i guess about it? On the reception leady told me, that they sure that someone was in my room, according to the information from the hotel stuff.
3.the breakfast was pretty poor.
4. The internet is not working during the night and sometimes during the late evening. They cut it out.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
helimad3, General Manager at The Hermitage Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thanks for your comments, just to clarify you booked a single room for 1 person, we upgraded your room to a double for single occupancy. You invited a group of friends to stay overnight, all 3 attended breakfast but perhaps they all left the night before and decided to come back for breakfast. You were challenged by the night porter and restaurant staff and became abusive and threatening. I guess it was only to be expected that your review would be economical with the truth.
Maidenhead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Great hotel in a great location food was lovely rooms nice and clean with a great view from 416. Will definitely return. I have read the reviews but I can find no negatives with regards to this hotel. Go any enjoy

• Stayed August 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This hotel could not be positioned any better. It is literally a stones throw away from the beach, winter gardens and town centre! As others have mentioned the staff were excellent and could not do enough for me. Particularly, Elliot, who went above and beyond my expectations to see that my trip was successful. The one negative I had was that I would have liked extra power points in my room for all my chargers I had to take with me. However, overall a great hotel

Room Tip: If you want a cool room don't choose one facing the front (south facing) as in very hot weather...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dorset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love this hotel, we have a trip most Sundays and we have taken friends and family to this hotel, our friends have stayed here as well. Excellent food great service, you can just pop in for a light lunch or have a meal in main restaurant, always get a nice welcome especially when Elliot is working.

Room Tip: Double room sea view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple