“Brilliant Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Hampshire
“Brilliant Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great room great service great food. Stayed for two nights in a seaview room with balcony from the 31st of May for a family wedding which was held at the hotel. The staff could not do enough for us and were all so friendly. The wedding planner (Alison) made sure everything was done on time and to a high standard and Jose made sure all the food was perfect both in the restaurant and at the wedding. The location is perfect and the views are superb I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel for a holiday and or a wedding venue we will be back if only for the Sunday carvery which is also excellent.

Room Tip: Worth booking a seaview room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
rcarley, General Manager at The Suncliff Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Kerriedog,

I am very pleased to see we help make your big day so special.

Alison and Jose are extremely passionate about their positions and making sure their guests/ functions are looked after. We love hosting weddings at the hotel and I believe the conservatory with the beautiful views is an ideal venue.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a Sunday carvery and thank you for recommending us.

My best wishes to you both!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great hotel staff all very friendly and helpful. Food excellent, lovely breakfast and good choice for evening meal. This was with a group of men on golf tour but I have also stayed here with my wife, and always found the hotel the same.

Ann M

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to see you have used the hotel a few times and I hope you will return to us in the near future. We have many guests that use us for golf holiday and welcome them year after year.

kidlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed over the late May Bank Holiday with friends on a golfing weekend. This is our 4th visit and once again the Staff have proved exceptional - especially Jose de Freitas and his restaurant staff.
Yes I agree with other comments that the Hotel needs a bit of a facelift, but then you can expect an increase in the tariff - the food and the welcome received more than makes up for the dated interior. We will definately be back.

Woodysy7

It is true are rates are very competitive with our local hotels and improvements have to be made carefully, unfortunately I don’t have massive pots of money hiding around to get everything done at once. However our regular guests do see the progress we are making and as you said the customer service, food and the over all package is what really counts

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I have just spent a very nice week at the Suncliff. We were with a party of 32 from Northampton
Of particular note is the quality of the food we were served.The resident chef Zoltan produced a very varied selection menu and the portions were too big! Jose and Claudia made sure that the meal service went like clockwork and they were extremely welcoming and friendly. Our room was adequate and very clean on the second floor. Even though it was right next to the lift it was not noisy at all. We were also surprised that good quality entertainment was provided virtualy every night too If we have any downsides it is to suggest that another lift is installed for service use. we certainly recommend this hotel and will be going again very soon

Room Tip: Sea view is preferable!
Wincotts

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the TA community.

I have posted your review on the staff notice board to share your very positive comments with the staff. I am very glad you enjoyed your time here and hope to see you back soon.

My best wishes
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed there for a night during the May bank holiday and my overall experience was really good!!T We stayed in one of the penthouses on the top floor! The room was clean and tidy, the view amazing and all the employees very friendly. The price was ok given the fact that we booked last minute and its good value for money! Also, it's located very close to the Bournemouth pier and only 15' walking distance from the city centre!! I will try go back again!

Room Tip: try to get a room on the top floor (penthouse)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GiotaPap

Thank you for the positive comments reguarding your stay. The penthouses rooms are a great asset to the hotel and I am very pleased you enjoyed them. I hope you will return to us in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights over the bank holiday on my own. The hotel was pretty busy, with the main guests being families and friends. There were a number of disabled guests and I noticed that the Reception staff were very attentive to their needs, even though the hotel is not designed particularly for wheelchair users.
The rooms on the third floor are OK, but faded glory, with some peeling wallpaper, thin walls and creaky floorboards (at one point in the night I thought someone was in the room with me as the sound was so loud).
Breakfast was standard buffet fare, and substantial for those with hearty appetites, but it would have been lovely to have some fresh coffee.
There seems to be only one, relatively small, lift at the back of the hotel, which is inadequate for the large numbers of rooms and guests - particularly at breakfast and checking-out times.
The multi-lingual staff are very pleasant, with a cheery 'good morning/afternoon', whenever you meet.
The 'entertainments' are good for family groups and, no doubt, most welcome on wet days, when the buses into town have stopped and you don't fancy the15 minute walk into the 'centre'.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems, you would be advised to check your detailed requirements with the hot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kathryn W

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the Suncliff,

I do apologise that you were disturbed during the night, with the age of the building there are something’s that are beyond our control but we always pride ourselves on customer service and help where ever possible.

I hope you will return to the hotel in the future and we are looking at changing our coffee very soon.

Best wishes

Been to The Suncliff Hotel? Share your experiences!