“Good if you're ravenous!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good if you're ravenous!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've never been to a restaurant like this, with such contradictory impressions...it's weird! All you can eat for £8 in a large space that feels like a school hall decorated for Chinese New Year, with customers (and their children) in a constant rush to refill their plates doing battle with the waiting staff who are on a permanent mission to re-stock the serving trays.

The food isn't bad, and the amount of choice is amazing, so it seems a bit disingenuous to critisise, but restful it is not! The serving tables are situated around the room and customers pick a plate and queue to "graze" from dozens of dishes. The plates aren't hot, and by the time you've waited for others to choose their food and returned to your table your food isn't either.

The tables are certainly packed in and unfortunately we had a table next to the food and were
surrounded by a constant rush of people carrying plates of food, many with a string of noodles hanging off that dragged across the back of our coats. The waiting staff, whilst not overly friendly, worked hard and cleared tables efficiently.

I think this is a restaurant for a specific set of circumstances. If you're very hungry and need to eat in a rush, this may be the place for you. I certainly wouldn't go to Day's if I was trying to impress on a first date...even on the tightest of budgets! However, for the cost of a MacDonalds this makes a very good alternative and I might eat here again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Buncrana, Ireland
“So Cheap and great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place is brilliant. It only cost 12.99 and all you could eat. I am not a fan of buffeys but if you try this place take you time and get small portions and try the lot. Really enjoyed it. Some great Sushi etc so you do not have to eat the usual buffey stuff.

Visited November 2012
“A Feeding Farm”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is not my idea of "Eating Out" its more akin to a Feeding Frenzy.
British gluttony at its worst.
It may be to some peoples liking all you can eat for £15 but this is a step too far. Value it may be - as is Macdonalds and Burger King - quality and a dining experience - no definitely not.

There are quite litereally dozens of "troughs" filled with an abundance of food that is quite amazing in this cavernous basement, but I felt like a battery hen.
Perhaps for a family with a few hungry young wolves in tow it might be perfect.

If however, you want to enjoy a pleasant relaxing Chinese meal with some friends - this is not the place to go.

Shudder - never again

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great if you're in a big party or not bothered about good food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I cannot work out why people like this place! Granted it's a great novelty to see racks & racks of food and I love their clever business concept of turning forming storage yards into commercially viable premises. However, I go to restaurants to eat good food, not buckets loads of very average/poor food. The range of food is great but it is no where near as good quality as any of the Chinese/Indian/Italian/Seafood/etc restaurants in the area. The meat selection has been very poor both times I've been and most of the food is lukewarm. My advice is try one of the better local independent places 5mins walk from here, value wise it's about the same, you get good food and they're not like a cattle markets inside! I would only recommend it to people that like to stuff themselves to the brink of explosion or as a place for a large group to go after a drinking session - that way you can trough it down and won't notice the bland food!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Really awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I am not one to go onto trip advisor to start brandishing bad reviews of places. I know trip advisor is full of people who leave reviews even though they do not know what they are really talking about but I really feel this place is lucky to even get one star.
It's £14 all you can eat. Which would be fine if te food had any flavour. Starters are all deep fried and taste of the same oil.
Noodles and rice dishes are all bland and tasteless. The shrimps looked great but smelt fishy and tastes chewy. I had to leave it. The 'live cooking' area was unwelcoming, no chefs wanting to interact.
We came in at about 9 pm and were told everything would be packed away by 10. Many bits had gone 20 mins before this time.
Desserts were cheap rubbish.
The only decent thing was the reasonably priced beer choice.
I would have told the staff of my problems but they did not give me a chance to tell them why I left food when they cleared my plate, more kind of sneered at me for leaving a shrimp.
So much food is wasted. The trolley for scraping was placed right next to us and the amount of waste is scary.
Do not get suckered into believing you are getting a bargain to be able to eat as much as you can unless you want to eat rubbish and feel sick when you leave. It's not a bargain, there are dozens of far superior restaurants where spending £14 on food will leave you satisfied.
I didn't eat that much but still felt an uncomfortable pain in my guts as we escaped.
Avoid. Please, avoid