“Quiet nice area” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 - 14 Knyveton Rd, Bournemouth BH1 3QP, England   |
Ranked #16 of 76 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Quiet nice area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Over all it was a nice stay but this hotel really needs some modernisation if wants to be a really 3 star hotel. Very nice staff really saves the place . Very close to the station and asda store but quite far from the beach and town centre.

• Stayed July 2014
GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Roselyni22
Thank you for your review and I appreciate your constructive remarks. I am pleased to report that we are slowly making improvements to our decor in a staged programme of refurbishment so as not to cause disruption to the hotel guests and hope you will return to see the finished product. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff here at The Elstead Hotel. Regards, Graham Phillips

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and the rooms are well equipped and hair dryer, and the usual tea/coffee/biscuits.

The decor is coming back into fashion with a very vintage style tile situation in the bathroom which I did really like! Although the mixer tap shower failed to work properly.

The staff are friendly and polite. Breakfast includes the standard English with hash browns.

There is plenty of parking. The location is central to Bournemouth and Boscombe.

The only thing that really let it down was the lack of wi-fi, it was offered and free but it was impossible to connect to with the signal strength dropping in and out.

Otherwise a perfectly comfortable stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Family R
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologise for the lack of Wifi. Good free internet access is very important for our guests so last week we were making some alterations to our Wifi system to strengthen and to make it more accessible. On that day we had to turn off our network router points for a short time during the transition. The good news is that our WiFi is now stronger and more reliable. Thank you for the great other comments you made and we hope you will return to The Elstead Hotel. Regards Graham Phillips
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Ive just returned from the Elstead today July 19th, I found the hotel, staff, room and food very pleasant.
My room was 109 on the first floor and whilst the room was spot on the first couple of days there was a very heavy footed guest above, so I could hear the floor squeaking above me at bedtime but only briefly lol!
However that is nothing to do with the wonderful break I had.
The staff were lovely I don't all the names but the following I did remember, so if I didn't remember yours please don't be offended!
Tony Assistant Manager
Heather Reception
Giga Resturant Head Waiter
Chico hilarious morning and evening waiter
Aga waitress
Magda Barmaid and overall helper
James Barman and gym assistant
Edward waiter
All of you were very polite and caring oh and I must say, and its no understatement, the breakfast is scrummy as is the 3 course Evening meal.I ate lorryloads as the staff will no doubt recall lol! REMEMBER THE ROLLS AT EVENING DINNER hahahaha
I definately must mention the clean well equipped gym Swimming pool sauna and steam room which I used every day absolutely fab.
Oh and by the way well done to all who took part in the charity rowing for Dorset Blind gud on ya!I will return so look forward to seeing you again, and all I can say to anyone reading this review:Try the Elstead you wont be disappointed!

Room Tip: Choose top floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Conrad, Thank you for your great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate you taking the time to mention staff names, each of whom will be acknowledged. I note that you showed interest in our staff team entry for the rowathon in support of Dorset Blind Association so you will be plaesed to hear that we came 3rd! Thanks again and hope you will be back. Graham Phillips
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Small Hotel that belies it's smallness...a veritable Tardis. Spotlessly clean everywhere with spacious Lounges and Dining Rooms. Fine dining in the evening and perfect Buffet Breakfasts. My room 301 was perfect for a single guest...no room, in the room, wasted....great en-suite...and again spotlessly clean.

Close to all Transport systems and five minutes from Cliff views.

Bournemouth is as charming as ever, see Compton Acres and visit Corfe Castle, and this Hotel's welcoming staff are to be applauded always.

Anthony

Room Tip: All rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Anthony
Thank you for your great review. Feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that your stay was an enjoyable one. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards, Graham Phillips
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here from Friday 4th - Monday 7th July 2014 for a weekend away with my partner and parents. Overall hotel was nice. Room was very clean albeit a tad small. My parents paid for a bigger room to suit them. Hotel staff very friendly. Pool and gym facilities very good. Buffet breakfast was great, so much on offer. Our room was above the hotel bar which was fine except on the saturday night when football was on, music was on till around 12pm which we could hear but we accepted it as we knew the football had been on and finished late. Location is ideal, its close enough walk to amenities and the beach, but far enough away from the many crowds and stag/hen do's. Overall very good hotel.

Room Tip: If we were to stay again, we would ask if we could have a room on the newer part of the building whi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Louca
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to hear about the disruption during the World Cup football match and thank you for your understanding. I hope to see you again soon. Regards, Graham Phillips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We chose this hotel after reading the good reviews on Tripadvisor, & we weren't disappointed. It's in a quiet location about halfway between Bournemouth & Boscombe.
We booked a twin room & were pleasantly surprised to find that the decent sized room had a double & single bed. The staff were very friendly, food was very good (decent portions, no 'pictures on plates'!), bar lounge had plenty of comfy chairs & drinks were reasonably priced.
There was free (fast) Wi-Fi throughout the Hotel & free parking. It also has leisure facilities (swimming pool etc) which we didn't use.
We had a good deal from Booking.com, via Tripadvisor.
The only negative points I can think of, is the shower wasn't that powerful, & the carpet was a bit threadbare in some areas. If these are the only negatives, it should give you an idea of how nice this hotel is. in fact, the best accolade I can give it, is that it's now a 'Favourite' in my sat-nav, as I'm sure we'll be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephen
Thank you for your kind review. It is always pleasing when our guests take the trouble to let us know about their experiences. You will be pleased to know that we are embarking on a refurbishment programme of the Ground Floor soon to include new carpets so please come back to see the changes. Kind regards, Graham Phillips
Cirencester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel. The location is a bit out of the action but is in a very nice location in a tree lined street. It took us about twenty minutes to get to the town but that was at a leisurely pace.( the benefit of this is that we had no problem whatsoever with the usual gangs of noisy stag & hen parties that seem to frequent Bournemouth disturbing our sleep)
The staff were extremely helpful & friendly, nothing was too much trouble .They even put a cake I had made for daughter's birthday in their fridge until it was needed two days later.
The breakfast was very good (very tasty sausages & a toaster that worked ! - the toast came out perfectly done )
There is a very well equipped gym & a lovely indoor pool - There is no air-con, but there are very large swivel windows & even though it was 24 degrees outside ,we did not have a problem when the windows were open.
There is a small garden to the front of the hotel which at certain times of the day give some welcome shade & the large French doors open out from the lounge area which was very pleasant on the hot days we were there.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front should have a better outlook - ours looked onto a flat roof (not very attractive...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear RosG
Thank you for your wonderful review. As you rightly say, we do not allow Stags and Hens to stay here and that helps to avoid the problem of noise at night. I do remember your daughter's Birthday party and I am glad we were able to lok after you on this important occasion. Don't forget to bring your daughter back to The Elstead for her next birthday! Kind regards,Graham Phillips