“Lovely stay, a little gem.” 4 of 5 stars

Elstead Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 - 14 Knyveton Rd, Bournemouth BH1 3QP, England   |
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay, a little gem.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I returned today from spending a night at the Elstead hotel. I had to attend a last minute business meeting nearby very early this morning, so I called the hotel yesterday and luckily they had a room spare. I didn't arrive until around 7pm last night but there was plenty of room in the car park.. The room was lovely and very spacious. It was a little chilly but I had read other reviews mentioning that so I had taken PJs to lounge around in. However, it is January so I expected the room to be cooler and there was an extra blanket in the wardrobe should I have needed it which I didn't.
I had dinner in the bar, the food was good and the food and drinks were very good value. The breakfast this morning was fresh, varied, tasty and plentiful. The hotel staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful and I hope that, should I need to return, they can fit me in again.

Room Tip: I was in room 105 which is on the front. I didn't find it noisy overnight.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This was an extremely pleasant stay the hotel was clean and everything we needed was there.
The staff we very polite and helpful I really cannot fault the place.

It could do with being a little warmer and we didn't have a view

Room Tip: 122 no view but very spacious loved it
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have stayed at the Elstead hotel three times and had a nice stay each time. The hotel is no more than 10 mins walk to the seafront and is in a great location for walking home from town after visiting a few pubs. The hotel is very reasonably priced and serves lovely buffet breakfasts. The pool is one of the nicer hotel pools I have used and the gym facilities are also good.

Parking can be tricky as spaces are a little limited and on street parking can cost due to location but I always managed to find somewhere to park on site overnight.

The only downside was the rather loud party on my first nights stay due to the wedding reception downstairs but this ended by 12.30.

Will definitely return when I next visit Bournemouth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Waltham Cross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Excellent Hotel..couldn't fault anything at all..Staff, food and service second to none..can't do enough for you..and the price..well brilliant. Tried to book again for a group in June this year, but couldn't do the dates.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I am writing this review sat in the lounge at the Elstead hotel. It may seem an unusual time to write a review when it's New Year's Eve afternoon but we have already been here for 4 nights and I don't need to wait any longer to know what a good choice we made choosing the Elstead hotel. What a lovely relaxing time we have had. Well equipped clean rooms. Wonderful food and what friendly staff who can not do enough for you.

We will definatly be back. Thanks to everyone who has made our stay so good x

Room Tip: We paid the extra to get an executive room which was not a lot of money but a lovely room. I can not...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Holbeach, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed at Elsted Hotel from xmas eve 2013 to Thursday 27 dec 2013. Two rooms booked and both more than satisfactory. Food great and better than last year, hence the weight gain! Won one of the quizzies. Good fun, no excessive noise or loud party goers! Near to shops, 10 mins by car to beach promenade and pier. Good time had by all

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

My room was upgraded from a singe to a double for free. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The food was good. It was nice to have a decent size pool, and gym facilities were good. Would recommend

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Elstead Hotel? Share your experiences!