“Review for couples!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #121 of 151 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Gosport, England, United Kingdom
“Review for couples!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Arrived here around 11am being greeted with a moody receptionist. It seems like a family run hotel so I couldn't really say anything. But yeah, walking up the stairs was a bit creaky (You could here it whilst trying to sleep). Nice television with a good variety of channels. The lighting is a bit of an issue for me, it's hard to work. Basically you put your card into the slot and it's suppose to keep the light on, but it rarely did!
The beds were really, really stiff! They had the most uncomfortable underlay you could possibly have, it was like a rug? The duvet was really thin, me and the other half had to snuggle like crazy to keep warm.
MAIN PROBLEM!! Is the shower. Being in it is fine.. But we got woken up at about 3am with a noise what I thought was the roof leaking. It wasn't that, it was someone in the room above me having a shower and my god was it loud. I did panic because I thought the ceiling was going to fall down! -- There was NO bath :-(
The car park is a bit sloped..

What I would recommend this hotel to improve on would be new mattresses & a more friendly customer service.

Room Tip: If you want a good night's sleep, sleep on the top floor!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Found a room here last minute, after scouting around Bournemouth looking for budget accommodation. The last single room had been taken so I was offered a double for £80, was perfectly adequate, the bathroom was very clean and shower decent. The breakfast was not great and very basic, but far from the worst.

Staff were very helpful on arrival - despite it being very busy, and the location is less than 5 minutes from the pier. Parking on site I think was £4 for one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

We found the staff pleasant and sociable there was entertainment on thanks to a bowls group staying very enjoyable stay the only down side was the room was quite hot and only had two small windows to open and a ceiling fan which didn't really do anything but overall we didn't go to stay in the room all the time I would stay again

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

paid £135 one night for a twin room online. friend ill and hotel refused a refund so went alone. money taken before arrival, receipt refused though I get them elsewhere. heard reception say they got a twin as I went to my room. It was a small single sized shabby room enough for a small double bed, no chairs.furniture ike junk shop, surface rough, white shades grey. brownish worn carpet large black spots stains. crumbs on edges carpet. one tiny foot wide window looked to big aerial and giant weed, roofs. brown blanket, no duvet! splashes, stains on walls.

I could not shower as bathroom blind had masses of black mould and across the tiles and stank of mildew when I have chest problems. For £135 only very slimy soap, no buscuits. rusty shelf and i realised white towel I was using was a different colour from others, grey brown.paper stuck to toilet lid.

I complained to the manager on leaving without stopping to eat their breakfast about the black mould. his expression hardly changed and said o. he said because the airshow was on it was expensive. they allocate rooms on arrival. for a big hotel it felt prison like having to hand keys in each timego in, show card id, electricity in room by key. it felt very unwelcoming, substandard. I saw another double being cleaned, twice the size nicer. I felt they are out to just make money and room not worth £20, worse than my worst experience in a cheap hostel.

Room Tip: I relyon tripadviser comments so was not expecting such a bad exerience so always be wary.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Weymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel I was going to watch a concert at the bic,and wanted a cheap hotel for the night! I was ver weary because some people can be very snobby!? Anyway the chap at reception was very nice and my room was very nice,recently refurbished I think.the only complaint I had was where u have the tea and coffee and kettle was coffee and tea splatters all over wall!? A good old clean would sort that out!? Very good value for money this hotel :-) and I would stop again!

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Well where do i start? After having a disastrous start and Britannia round house hotel. I phoned the Russel Court Hotel. Spoke to Kemal and explained that I am not satisfied with what I have booked as the hotel room is filth. I explained that I have traveled from London with wife and 2 young children. Kemal stated come and have a look at the rooms first if satisfied then book. Being a busy time and the famous air show kemal catered for us. Arranged for a waiter to carry our luggage from the car to the room. The fantastic room with all latest technology, flat screen tv, air con and heating system. Fantastic waiter service, and food was excellent. Furthermore having young children with you what you need is service in the form of having milk walmed, this was done 3 times a day without fail. The service was absolute excellent and service second to non. Definitely would recommend to everyone!!!!! 2 minutes walk to the beach friendly service from all staff, walm water 24hours a day. Rebooked again already. Ask for Kemal believe he is in charge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Devizes
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Quite a shabby hotel, although the room was very clean, bar area was,nt very inviting, the plus is that it's very central...The staff were friendly, unfortunately the lift was broken so we had to walk up 3 flights of stairs

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Russell Court Hotel? Share your experiences!