“Bournemouth weekend” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bristol
“Bournemouth weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had a nice stay at this hotel, pleasant staff, pool nice, food ok, not gourmet, left feeling happy, then got home and saw that £13.45 had been taken from my bank account, never spent never signed or consented too. Trying to get through to them impossible. Quick to take booking, not interested in after service.

Room Tip: Check bill before you leave
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

we recently stayed here for 3 night b&b taking our dog with us. It was booked last minute because we were having difficulty because of the summer holidays most places were fully booked. On arrival at the hotel parking was very limited due to the hotel having work done so there was lots of work vans. Check in was an experience demanding we pay an extra £30 on top of the £300 we just payed. took a while to sort out they were wrong but we got no apology. Our bedroom was big but very old sink was broken. no internet in room or in the hotel most of the time. chairs in bedroom were ripped this didnt deter us thought as we appreciate having the dog we are not going to get the best room. Our main concern was the noise we were kept awake for 3 nights the builders were staying in the room next to us and they were drunk making lots of noise gone 12 at night then at 7am they were drilling the room upstairs. we did complain the manager apologised and said she would change our room but she never did so 3 nights without a proper sleep and we had to pay £300 for the privalige I would never visit this hotel again and think its a joke that they do not take complaints seriously.

Room Tip: do not have room 12.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
South Derbyshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Check in was a farce, swimming pool out of action (kids unhappy) , room awful , food left out on the stairwell and stunk for days, carpets threadbare , sofas in the bar are that worn you can see the wooden frames, full of workmen in the hotel but don't get your hopes up, nowhere to park due to work vans and skips etc , internet can only allow so many users at a time , it's not close enough to beach or city centre , not that I would advise you to go there Bournemouth centre has become a dump . Also never use third parties to book hotels ring the hotel yourself eg we paid Expedia £297 , however by a cock up on check in we could see the hotel only wanted £202 for this booking, so Expedia get £95 for what ??? Rip off!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere seriously.
Watford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as we had stayed here previously a few years ago and it was lovely and is one of the few hotels who except larger breed dogs. The problem this time unfortunately seems to be the hotel has changed hands and the new owners dont seem to care as much about customer satisfaction.
Examples being

Rooms excessively hot and no fans available.
Shower very poor pressure
Yellow water from bath taps
Ripped and stained curtains and bed linen
No bulbs in lights
And a fire door that needed excessive force to
Open
Elsewhere in the hotel all food self service and unless you eat it straight away when restaurant opens food is left to dry up and becomes unreckonisable.
The leisure area consisted of an indoor pool which had seen better days. Water murky and if u dare to wear goggles and go under you will see all the fluff, dirt and hair sitting on the bottom. Disgusting.
The so called outside seating area looked more like a derelict pub garden.
All in all this is very sad as we earlier said this was a nice hotel and if your self employed like us and breaks are very rare then dont waste your time and MONEY.

• Stayed August 2014
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Booked a family room for a stop over whilst visiting monkey world for my four year olds birthday trip and to say I was a tad disappointed with the hotel is a huge understatement. Started with the glum receptionist who managed to take our £79 room only fee before giving us our room key, she managed to articulate the number and when prompted pointed towards the lift as we were on the third floor ! First lift took us to two? Back down to climb the filthy stair case to one to find the lift for floor three!!!!! Passed a room where the door was open to be welcomed with a gush of cigarette smoke....lovely! finally found the lift for three to find our room which was spacious enough for a family of four. Decor dated, water slow and run hot or cold depending on who was using the sink......the TV worked though! The beds were clean and comfy and did for the night, but as my title suggests I will not bother again, only reason we booked this place was all the premier inns were full!

Room Tip: Don't do it
Telford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Not as disabled friendly as they make out I came here with great expectations saw on their website they was disabled friendly and phoned and booked 3-4 weeks in advance for 3 nights arrived here to be told only 2 days had been booked not a problem got that sorted was sent up a lift on one side of the hotel to a room I cldnt get my wheelchair into and I had also booked a room with a double and a single to get to this room to find just 2 singles with 3 of us this was a problem so went to reception to sort it and they put me in a different room on other side of hotel not a problem til I get to the lift on the other side of the hotel I had to take part of my wheelchair apart just to fit in the lift by this stage I was in tears my partner had to phone to speak to a manager the manager rang me in my room apologised for the way I had been treated and explained that about a week or so ago the corridor that has the disabled room in had been decommissioned and was being repaired but I was more than welcome to have the disabled room that I shld of had in the first place by this stage I was just glad to have a room because I wasnt wanting to faf lf around in peak season trying to find a new hotel I took the disabled room. Now since then ive had no end of problems the staff for one not all but some have given me the whole im better than u attitude which has annoyed me alot I had my wifi passwords no problem found out I had to get a new one every 24 hrs ok no problem but everytime ive tried to phone reception after 10pm ive had no answer this evening I tried for 40 mins just to get through in the end I had to go down to reception just to get a frigging password plus on several occasions ive had to go back to reception because the key cards arent working ive met no end of problems being here will 110% not be staying here again under any circumstances at no point have I been given a proper apology yes the manager on the first evening apologised but by this stage the damage had already been done and to top it all off the rooms are roasting hot myself and my children cant sleep I have requested a fan to be told they have none they have some on order a hotel part of the brittania branch surely shld have fans or air con I will also be emailing brittania and making a formal complaint at the disgusting service and treatment ive had here if u want a stressful holiday then by all means come ere otherwise dont

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I came here to stay with my wife and 2 year old, well what to say.
Check in was ok. Room clean.
Bathroom very dated and I could piss quicker than what came out of there taps!!
Food was average for breakfast.
Tinned tomatoes is a big no!
Couldn't believe there was not really and service here!
Lots of rubbish around , cig butts everywhere!!
Playroom needed a big clean
Overall pretty crap for the money, I won't be returning here!!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Carrington House Hotel? Share your experiences!