“Brilliant staff, all so friendly.” 4 of 5 stars

The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   East Overcliff Drive, Bournemouth BH1 3AP, England   |
Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Devon, England
“Brilliant staff, all so friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed here with friends for 3 nights. Excellent location with stunning views.
Food was brilliant, and very good value.
Room was spacious, I think we had a family room as there was an extra bed which we hadn't asked for. Bathroom was satisfactory, clean but small and with no shower which was disappointing.
Other than that, we were delighted by the hotel. The staff were exceptional and really went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Westbury on Severn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed in room 11 which was a ghastly room.It smelt fusty and was very small.It was impossible to open the windows to alleviate the smell.The TV did not function properly.
This is not a hotel suitable for the elderly or disabled,there is an abundance of steep steps and the entrance to the lift is a major obstacle.
Now the better things,the staff were helpful where possible especially in the restaurant.
The breakfast was excellent and the evening meal was really good.
We left with mixed feelings about our stay.
Maurice G.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I recently stayed for a week as a single father with my four year old daughter. There was a blip on arrival as I had requested a sea view and didn't get one (my mistake when clicking on line) but the staff did everything to get me one ASAP however we decided to stay put as our room was a very large, pleasant family room at the back which was peaceful and stylish. It also had excellent wardrobe/storage.
The flamboyant period/contemporary decor and size of the public spaces was more subtle and impressive than in the internet pictures and we found it like staying in a lovely private house. There are no chidlren's activites as I didn't want a family type hotel but my little daughter absolutely loved the place and wants to go back. The staff were exceptionally fun and friendly with her which enabled me to relax and feel truly welcome in an otherwise adult type of environment. There are plenty of children's activies locally so we had the best of both worlds.
The buffet breakfast was plentiful and well cooked and we had several dinners which, although not quite as gouremt as the site inplied, were delicious nevertheless. This is an unusal hotel, not run of the mill - as 'Boutique' implies - so it may not be for everyone but we absolutely loved it and had a wonderful time and would definitely stay there again. A big thank you to all the staff who made our stay so special.

Room Tip: We had a family room at the back overlooking the car park whcih was large and peaceful day and night...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Crawley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have until recently been staying at this hotel on a weekly basis as I have a client in Bournemouth. On each occasion (prior to arrival) I have requested a 2nd floor room as the bedrooms have very squeaky floorboards and I have therefore found it difficult to sleep. I was basically told on my last visit "tough, you will get what you are given" and then upon checking out I was accused of stealing their properly (which I obviously didn't). I think some of the reception staff need to go on a customer services course as soon as possible so that they can learn how to speak to the general public. I will NEVER stay here again and I am so appalled at their behaviour towards me I am recommending the large corporate company I work for removes this hotel from their preferred supplier list. I would also like to add that some of their rooms are very small (no room to walk past the end of the bed and the chest of drawers) and there are no blackout curtains in any of the rooms I have been in so it is light in the room at all hours of the night as the hotel has lights shining on the front of the hotel. NOT GOOD!!!!!

Room Tip: Try and get a second floor room unless you are a very sound sleeper as ceiling and walls are paper t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Myself and three friends stayed for a three night break recently. Accommodation was good, all nicely decorated and comfortable. Food for breakfast and dinner was excellent. The staff were all excellent, so friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a lovely quiet position over looking the sea. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
EastcliffProject, Manager at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Janice2005
I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Cottonwood and would choose to stay with us again. We are so lucky with our cliff top location, a quiet one like you say as we are at the end of the hotels and slightly back from the cliff top road.
Let's hope this weather continues and our guests can enjoy the short stroll to the cliff top and beautiful golden sands.
Enjoy the rest of the summer and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Cottonwood in the near future.
Best wishes.
Stanmore, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife, 3 year daughter and I spent two nights at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was fine and our daughter was given a rag doll which we named 'tique', she loved it and now keeps it In the car.
We walked down the 'zig- zag' path (a short stroll from the hotel) at 9am on a very warm Thursday and enjoyed the freedom of the beach, before walking along the front to the Pier where there were very good child activities for our daughter to enjoy.
Staff at the hotel were polite and helpful and my wife was able to get afternoon tea one evening at 9.55pm!!!
Hotel recommended.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 41 at back of hotel, it was spacious and had a double and 2 single beds.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dave696
Wonderful to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Cottonwood. Our staff always make an extra special effort with our little guests. Even though the hotel is particularly good for families with pushchairs, you're guaranteed of a warm welcome and good sized family rooms. Some can sleep up to a family of 5.
I do hope that when you are next in Bournemouth we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Best wishes.
Northants
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We didn't stay here but had barbeque booked for a hen party. Food was lovely, staff were really helpful and friendly. Really nicely decorated, would definitely look a staying here if I went to Bournemouth again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Really pleased that you enjoyed your barbeque at the Cottonwood. The cliff top setting and gardens are ideal for alfresco dining and celebratory events, baby showers are really popular too.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, we're always open to non residents for coffee, afternoon tea, dinner or a cheeky glass of vino after work.

Be great to see you soon.

Been to The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!