“Fabulous hotel, brilliant location” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Air Show First Row View!
Ranked #34 of 70 hotels in Bournemouth
Birmingham
“Fabulous hotel, brilliant location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the perfect hotel for a weekend in Bournemouth. It's right on the seafront and walking distance to all the tourist attractions. We had a large, sea view room which was very comfortable and well decorated. The bar is very impressive!! Elegant decor and comfortable furniture again with views of the sea. We had 3 course dinner in the restaurant with wine, which was great value, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
EastcliffProject, Manager at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Cottonwood Boutique Hotel and I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again should you come to Bournemouth. You may want to sign up to our mailing list as we have some superb offers coming up, Bournemouth is such a lovely place in the summer time, sitting on the terrace, enjoying the view with a cheeky glass of Vino!

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We just popped in for lunch as we have been there twice before. Have just been diagnosed as wheat intolerant so asked if the chef had any gluten-free bread otherwise I would have just had chips!! Not only did they have gluten-free bread but the chef came to me himself and asked if I would like the bread toasted (instead of a sandwich) as he had always found it very dry and like cardboard. I could then have my smoked salmon on the side. It was delicious served with the salmon, butter and a small side salad. Needless to say we were so impressed we thanked him and left a large tip. Shall certainly go there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for you review on Trip Advisor of which I have passed your comments to our Executive Chef. We very much pride ourselves on our ability to cater to the majority of dietary requirements and any special requests. It can often be a difficult decision for people with food intolerances to choose a venue to dine at and with reviews like yours it very much gives peoples the confidence to choose our product and service. So thank you once again and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel in the near future.
Harrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Cottonwood Boutique Hotel in Bournemouth, which has been recently refurbished? I had booked a single room and was delighted when I was upgraded to a double room.
The lounge and bar were comfortable. Had a snack lunch which was nicely presented. Breakfast buffet was quite adequate and coffee was good.
The downside to the hotel was there was no disabled access to the reception and the disabled toilet was downstairs with no lift access. There is a lift to the bedrooms.
The floorboards are a bit creaky.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad that the team were able to upgrade you to a double room rather than a single, where possible we always try to upgrade peoples room category. Access to the hotel is very limited for those in wheelchairs of which we are always very open about. The disabled toilet downstairs provides a facility to those purely using the Garden Restaurant as there is also access via a ramp to the restaurant. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had booked at the sister hotel and got upgraded to the Cottonwood. On arrival the reception was okay (I have a guest house and really make a fuss of my arrivals, especially if it's awful outside) We had booked a family room and I asked for a seaview, was told it is £20 more. We only booked for one night so was not really worth it. The entrance is lovely, the bar area, beautiful and certainly had the WOW factor. I love all the bright pink and opulent gold decor. Lush seating in the bar area. Our room and bathroom was MASSIVE! We were also delighted to have a seaview....strange that the receptionist did not know this ? We did not have the pleasure of eating in the restaurant, our family had booked elsewhere, but it looked lovely. Breakfast was great, a good selection of continental and cooked food. Overall a great experience and certainly will be sending more guests your way :-D

Room Tip: The lift makes quite a noise but it's not enough to keep you awake.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have eaten in the restaurant on several occassions and found the food excellent. What a great chef! The waitress service was excellent and Julie was particularly helpful and attentive. The fixed price 3 course menu was superb and the supplement for the steak was well worth paying as it was one of the best steaks I've ever had. The glass of house included was excellent quality, and the upgrade to a bottle was great value.
We will be dining here again. One of Bournemouths hidden gems.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Farnborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We arrived to a warm welcome by the receptionist who couldn't do enough for us. However when entering the hotel the decor really hits you. Although classed as "boutique" it is a mismatch of different styles which doesn't quite come off. The feature wall in our room was rather bold for the size of the room and the throw didn't match the furnishings. The bathroom was tired with filler visible on the skirting board as well as glitter mosaic tiles. However the beds were very comfortable and the linen of good standard. That said the staff in the dining room were pleasant as was the food and the set menu for £14.95 for 3 courses was good value for money. Again the dining room decor was too bold with red and black flock wallpaper on the ceiling. Breakfast in the morning was good with plenty of choice in cereals. To sum up our stay keep the staff and cuisine but time to change the decor.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms on the first floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumbria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Cannot fault location of the hotel and also the staff who were extremely welcoming and helpful. The hotel is looking rather tired in places and could do with a revamp but I do understand with the current climate may not be possible. Found the bathroom a bit strange in that to have a shower you had to sit in the bath as it was a hand held shower which was on a low hook near the taps with no shower curtain. Room was not spacious but comfortable. The bar area is good for a nice evening drink. Did not try the restaurant. The mention of usage of the outside pool next door , although at this time of year I did not plan to, was a definite no when on looking out of the window saw what I can only describe as a pond by the colour of the water and yellow hazard tape around the outside. Perhaps could drain or cover which would provide a better impression. Wi fi also a bit hit and miss. I will say that I have had better value for my money at the likes of Premier Inns. I would not pay full price for this hotel. What I paid I feel is the right price. Having said this the hotel served the purpose for which I required and I go back to my opening statement staff were excellent.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!