“A complete delight!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gilbey's Restaurant in Bournemouth is situated in the Liston Hotel which is two minutes from the Cliff Top Gardens in Boscombe Spa. The large open restaurant with polished oak floor and wall murals of Edwardian days on the pier compliments the cosy bar and entrance hall with original features dating back to the turn of the century. Our food is modern English with some influences from the rest of the World.
Poole, United Kingdom
“A complete delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I arrived with high expectations and left with all of them fulfilled!
Service was friendly and attentive throughout and they really cared about your feedback on every dish. The atmosphere in the restaurant was well executed just try to ignore the hotel decor as you pass through the hotel. The food was incredible and to save a very long review I will cherry pick my favourites from the night. I had a carrot and butternut soup which was flavoursome and wholesome. I never thought I could be excited by soup but it was sumptuous. Trio of meat was main coursr and every piece of meat was perfectly executed and each had a separate sauce. My only niggle was the plating of the dish as really didnt like the piped mash potato but I managed to look past it! Finally a pineapple crisp and passion fruit parfait. All I can say is 'if I closed my eyes, I would swear I was in the Caribbean'. All of this plus canapés anf amuse bouche for just £35pp. I will return later in the year as can't wait to experience it again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Great value, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Having heard good things about this restaurant, we had the opportunity to eat there recently. Easy to reserve a table via email and a prompt response via email. It was nice to wait in the bar area and order the food; we were led to our table when the food was ready. Very good portions, and we finally did not need to order a dessert after having the starters and mains. Next time it will be the mains and dessert!
Service was really good and the chef came out to the tables at the end of the evening to get personal feedback. Excellent overall.

• Visited April 2013
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After a poor experience elsewhere in the area we decided to come to this charming restaurant to celebrate our anniversary in a proper and well run establishment. Simply put, well presented and cooked to perfection our starters, main courses and puddings were all divine. The wine list is superb too. I would like to thank all the attentive and delightful staff here for making our evening a glorious and sumptuous occasion.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Found this place through TripAdvisor & it was well worth the visit. We booked in advance for a nice meal out.
The atmosphere was great, it was busy, vibrant & the staff were fantastic, couldn't do enough to help without being obtrusive.
The food was served to a high standard, presented well & full of flavour. The desserts were fantastic, again a nice selection & difficult to choose between.
We live locally & have recommended to friends, we will be visiting again soon!

• Visited February 2013
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Booked this restaurant after seeing the Tripadvisor ratings, and so glad we did. Its out of the way but worth the trip. From the excellent range of Gins in the bar to the superb food on the menu its a culinary delight. The starters were all delicious and set us up for the delightful main course - most of us chose the Trio of Meats, which whilst not a traditional option was succulent and flavoursome. The desserts were a particular highlight, with all options of the same high melt in your mouth standard. The wine selection was also excellent, and very good value. All in all a superb evening of dining and very pleased we did so.

• Visited March 2013