We had a beautiful room at the Cliffeside and enjoyed our stay. The receptionists were extremely helpful when we discovered we hadn't been allocated the promised large double, and they arranged the switch. On the plus side - service, pleasant staff, delicious breakfast in attractive restaurant, good meal (at the sister hotel) at a brilliant price, lovely view and a v.attractive bedroom. Parking reserved as they promised, and available whenever needed as a cone was placed there for us. Much appreciated. On the minus side, our mattress was just terrible (could feel the springs in our backs) and we had to put bath towels under bottom sheet to mask the springs a little. Formica (or melamine) around washbasin was in a bad state of repair and even a little white paint on it would have made it look 100% better. Apart from that, bathroom was fine. People reserving should be sure to ask for a good-sized double as the small one we were first taken to was minute - single room size. This was because the staff were worried that in the double we'd be bothered by noise from a wedding below, so when we reassured them we didn't mind and would be out anyway, we got a lovely room with seaview as promised. (Wonder why we weren't asked this in advance.) I always wonder why in many hotels, the management puts that sensible notice in the bathroom to the effect that if you want to save the planet (and expense to the hotel of course) please hang your towels up otherwise you'll get fresh ones, and then when you decide to be virtuous rather than spoilt and wasteful and you do hang your towels up to use them again, the chambermaid takes them away anyway!
I would return to this hotel and recommend it to friends but only on the assumption that a good mattress, not a knackered one, would be provided. Lovely staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantastic Bar and Terrace overlooking Bournemouth's beautiful coastline. Superb Swimming Pool with sun loungers and modern outdoor seating. Brilliant new bar menu launched, serving a great selection of Fresh Salads, Light Meals and HOMEMADE BURGERS. An excellent location for a comfortable stress free break in Bournemouth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your The Cliffeside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cliffeside Hotel Bournemouth
- Cliffside Hotel Bournemouth