“Ok, but wouldn't pay full price.” 4 of 5 stars

Hinton Firs Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Manor Rd, Bournemouth BH1 3ET, England   |
Ranked #47 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Ok, but wouldn't pay full price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here and were in the cottage part of the hotel. The whole cottage was a bit dated and in need of modernisation. Tote room was fine, a few cleaning/maintenance issues - light bulbs in some lights not working mentioned to reception but nothing done - but the room was big, beds comfy and adequate for our needs. The communal areas in the hotel were modernised and looked good, although again some bits needed updating. The lights in the ladies toilets were on timers and high up the wall - not good when the light went off and my 4 year old was stuck in the cubicle, locked in in the dark. The pool was small and very deep - 3 foot - 4.8 foot - so they needed lots of assistance but enjoyed it. The staff are all friendly and someone was always on exception. It's only 5 mins from the beach so ideal location. Overall I would go for this hotel if the rooms are on offer, I wouldn't pay full price for it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel last weekend and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. The staff were friendly, our room was clean and spacious and the breakfast was delicious- great value for money! The location was perfect, near to the beach and the the areas restaurants and bars. We'd thoroughly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a trip to the seaside.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed for a weekend in the Hotel we really liked it as it was very close to the beach it was nice as we parked our car in the hotel car park.
The hotel had a very friendly staff always smiling, the breakfast was I think from 7:30 to 9:30 but the staff would nicely take orders even after 9:30
Also the food portions were very generous.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at the Hinton Firs hotel with my husband as part of a coach trip in April 2014. I was really dubious as I had read quite a few of the negative reports written here on trip advisor. On arrival we were greeted by the staff, our luggage was taken up to our room for us and we were given tea and coffee and made to feel very welcome. We thought the hotel very good and the reviews did not do it justice. Yes the hotel is starting to look a little tired in places and is getting ready for some TLC but that did not detract from the holiday, the beds and bathroom were clean and the beds comfortable. The staff were absolutely brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for them, if you needed anything you only had to ask . The food was very good, I am one of the worlds most funny and picky eaters but I had not trouble at all, we we're give a choice every day and there was always something I could eat. The outdoor pool sadly was bad though. It was really dirty and no one could use it, as was the patio area around it, It was a real shame as it would be a loverly area for a barbi or just relaxing with a drink. There was entertainment on at night, only bingo on a couple of nights but they also had a couple of singers come in as well. They really tried hard to make it all a success. I certainly would go back again. Thank you Hinton Firs for a loverly stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a party of 18 the heating in the cottages where we stayed was never on the kids were froze , there were ants everywhere , the showers were very temperamental and went from one extreme to another ! Almost scalding my daughter ! The pool was warm one day freezing the next ! The food was fine but you had to wait for very long periods inbetween courses at times 1/2 hr we werent given tea with breakfast even after repeatedly asking one day ! The childrens menu was subject to change at last min which meAnt every they were having the same , we had no entertainment apart from one night over a five night stay , i think that what we paid was extortionate for what we received we returned after a brilliant stay last yr but wont be returning the best part about our stay was the wheels festival , they need to overhaul there staff i think !

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely terrible. Glass doesn't fit in window frames so there are big holes. Broken showers. Had to move rooms 3 times. Would never go back and never recommend to anyone. Just about to take legal action against the hotel for a shattered shower screen causing injury

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We got the and we had to wait for ten minutes before the receptionist turned up, we got checked in then went to our rooms.
Got to the room,dust everywhere,the bath was dirty, shower broken, and there was dried boggies on the door!!.
We went for dinner and all I can say...school meals come to mind, all mass pre cooked slop, but on the website it states all fresh local produce! Which it's clearly NOT!, me and my friend had the same apart from the starter. We went out for the evening,about 3/4 hours later myself and my friend started to get a bad tummy so we he added back to the hotel before we both had an accident!, all night we were fighting with eachother for the toilet!!. In the morning I went to reception because I've had enough by then!, she was a polish girl I think very rude and basically called me a liar for very thing which I've said to her! VERY RUDE!. I managed to see the young manager and he followed us up to our room to see if we were lying or not I think!, he saw the boggie so he said he believed us, he then went downstairs to see if he could sort some thing else out for us,what a surprise he didn't come back or see him again!.

In the end we demanded a different room which they gave us, not that room wasn't to bad!.

But if he want to go for swimming don't bother using the outside pool because it's green and has slime init, you can't even see the bottom of the shallow end VILE!!!!, and regarding the heated inside pool,again dirty and very cold!.

DO NOT GO THERE!, it's a waist of money and a dirty disgusting hotel!.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Hinton Firs Hotel? Share your experiences!