“Good hotel for a short break at Bournemouth” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth

Save Saved
You added Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth to your Saves list
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Durley Chine Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5JS, England (Formerly Hallmark Hotel & Spay Durley Hall Hotel & Spa)   |
Ranked #50 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Good hotel for a short break at Bournemouth”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

At first we were given a room with a blocked view of the outside. However, I requested for a better room with a outside view and was offered a kind of upgrade. The upgraded room was of much better standard. All in all its a good hotel for a short break and it also boasts excellent spa facilities.

Room Tip: rooms in the top floor with the view of the outside are better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

stayed here with my friend for three nights and had no problems whatsoever we stayed in a twin room which was all good and well but the twin beds were pushed together which was a bit odd in itself, the restaurant was really expensive but food was lovely so i can let that one slide, staff were brilliant also they even helped me cool down my nasty sunburn by getting me an ice pack which was lovely, hotel was very fancy and me and my friend paid 228 for three nights which is about 70 a night which if you divide that in half is about 35 per person per night which isnt bad pricing whatsoever, my only other complaint is i got woken in the middle of the last night with the light randomly being switched on and neither me nor my friend were near the switch overall a good stay :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bournemouth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Very disappointing stay, in a run down barely 3 star hotel.
Over-priced, dirty, falling apart building. Certainly would not say a relaxing spa break!
First main problem is the hotel has a broken lift! With steep, uneven stairs to all rooms. Staff were quite happy to tell elderly people who struggled to walk to climb up a couple of floors. We asked when it would be fixed, we had the reply it was a big job so not during our stay. Ridiculous for a chain hotel with a 4 star rating, obviously struggling so much they can't afford a lift engineer.
Check-in was slow and we had to step in to help with paper work ourselves because as a family we had booked 5 rooms, too much for the receptionist to grasp.
Rooms were shabby with old brown blanket on beds ewww! I have never stayed in a hotel without a duvet, is this not at least a 3 star requirement? The floor tiles were broken in the bathroom, I was scared of getting something in my foot and we never had a hot shower, always cold water.
Rubbish outside hotel room doors and the stairs looked like they had not been hovered in ages.
After a couple of rain showers, lots of leaks in the lounge, brilliant to hear drips in buckets while having a drink at the bar.
You will also struggle to park. Tight spaces that was always full.
Pools dirty and freezing. Steam room with no steam?
The run-down hotel is attracting the kind of clientele who sit in the bar in the evening blasting their own music from their phone. Poor management.
Please don't bother, there are so many nice hotels in Bournemouth!

Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We have just come back from a 6 night stay at this hotel which was our family holiday for 4. We were nervous of what we would find after reading such bad reviews, however it was a great relief and I would urge you not to be put off by the negative reviews. We had a large executive room for our family which was more than adequate, there is a fan instead of aircon. The room was regularly cleaned, the staff were helpful and if we needed anything extra it was supplied without any fuss.

The hotel location is perfection for the beach & town, the breakfasts were always good and plentiful. We found Chris the receptionist particularly helpful and very pleasant to deal with. Also the booking receptionist "Kime" was very helpful. The pool & spa is a bonus. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 104 especially good for a family of 4
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I booked via laterooms as I had a Business Meeting the following day and needed a comfortable place to sleep and remembered I had stayed there once before so thought why not. So checked into the hotel and tried to settle down and use the Wifi system that they had advertised as Free. Before I was able to I was told that the only rooms available would be furthest away from the Wifi and not a double room like I had booked but a Twin with 2 single beds!!! so thought okay lets give this a try. Obviously not realising that this meant a large dip in the middle of the bed. I didnt want to cause to much fuss as I was checking in late and just wanted a good nights sleep but when the Wifi didn't work I was unable to complete a spreadsheet on my smartphone for the meeting the following day...bigger problem which needed some attention. Plus the bed started to become uncomfortable. So I decided to ask reception if there was anything they could do. The guy on the telphone was African and also quite Jivey not very helpful kept saying theres nothing I can do...which is when I started to become annoyed with his aggressive behaviour and also complete disregard for my genuine complaints which also now included not being able to order food because the room service was not 24 hour even though it says it is on the ad and on the website. The Chef had apparently gone home and was unable to perform his duties. I mean what were the chances of all these things going wrong at the same time. Bed+Wifi+Room Service+ Service at Reception it was as if the building completely failed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Slow service with poor variable food quality's. Thanks to people such as Victoria one of the waiting staff for great service with a smile.
Rooms aren't supplied with water without asking and only two cups given for a room of four. Also the lift was broken with over a week to fix making it hard to get bags and suitcases up and down with four flights of stairs to climb.

Overall great for a short stay but two nights max!!!!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

On arrival we were sent on a wild goose chase to find our room (improve room signage maybe?!) by a new member of staff which I could sympathise with but what I found despicable was how he was chastised by an idiot manager on front of us, in a misguided attempt to save face. A quick 'sorry about that' would have been much more appropriate. We also had prepaid but were asked to pay again. Luckily my husband had our receipt! We paid for an 'executive room' which is an absolute joke and a waste of money. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth? Share your experiences!