“A Little Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Langtry Manor Hotel

You added Langtry Manor Hotel to your Saves list
Langtry Manor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Derby Road | East Cliff, Bournemouth BH1 3QB, England   |
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reigate, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Never having written a review before, I feel compelled to write about our recent stay at The Langtry Manor. We were an unusual mix - my 85 year old disabled mother, 2 middle aged women (my sister and myself), my nine year old daughter and our 2 small dogs, across 3 rooms! The staff were exceptional - nothing was too much trouble - and so helpful and friendly. The food, both breakfasts and evening meals, were beyond excellent. My mother was enabled to feel both independent and special, and the stay seems to have given her a whole new lease of life. The pretty garden is the most relaxing spot to while away an afternoon/evening, and the beach a mere 5 minute walk away. I cannot wait to bring my husband here and to return as soon as possible. A big 'thank you' to all the staff for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others but none should disappoint.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
John H, Head Butler at Langtry Manor Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Eliza28th.

First of all please let me thank you for going to all the trouble needed to post a first review. I do remember your stay warmly and the staff were delighted to see your family and the dogs. We do love to spoil our guests and especially appreciate your feedback. If I may say so you were all charming and a pleasure to serve. So thank you for choosing the Langtry for your stay.

We will be delighted to see you again soon with your husband. I would like to remind you that we give a 10% reduction compared to the best available rates to return guests when you book directly with us.

Meanwhile I would like to wish you all the best.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Westleton,Suffolk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Loved the hotel and setting but very disappointed because we had not been told that the Edwardian evening would not be taking despite having an e.mail confirming it. The staff were brilliant and gave us free champagne and wine but they are still advertising it on their website. Overall the hotel was lovely although somewhat difficult in room as no appropriate power point to use hair straighteners, hand and knees using a compact mirror!!!! wardrobe very small but overall nice. Breakfast lovely and good value for mney.

Room Tip: Maybe better in the annexe, possibly more modern.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We did not stay overnight as my husband was given an e-present of a tea for two for his birthday.. We arrived to be greeted by a very nice young man who was impeccably dressed in uniform, and most respectful in manor. The afternoon tea was presented as one would expect of Lily Langtry's day. The room we were in was very comfortable (only downside for my husband was the sofa was a little too low). There was no scrimping on the food, and more than enough for most people. We left there having so enjoyed our afternoon tea for two. Thank you.

Room Tip: The history of the manor was so interesting. Fabulous place I should think for a wedding!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

From the moment I walked into the building I felt welcome, the staff where polite and had knowledge of the building was amazing. Think the guy on reception was Ben. Very helpful. My room was clean tidy. The restaurant offers a delicious menu. Would recommend to friends, family and clients.
Look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed May 2014
South Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed 2 nights mid June for a weekend. I'd booked a four-poster room but on arrival we had been upgraded to a luxury suite, the Goodwood. This had a spacious bedroom with a four-poster bed, a large bathroom with spa bath and roomy shower cubicle. Also a sitting room and another small en suite up a few stairs in the attic space. Roomy and comfortably furnished. Both the bedroom and lounge had flat screen televisions too. There was also tea and coffee, minibar, robes, slippers and complimentary chocolates.
We booked on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis which proved go be excellent value. Dinner on Friday was superb but the Edwardian banquet on Saturday was very special indeed. Both breakfasts were excellent too. Service was exemplary.
Staff are very polite and attentive. We'll definitely return.
Thanks for a delightful stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed at the Langtry for originally two nights but loved it so much we changed our trip and extended for another night.

We were originally going to stay in the lodge but changed to a room in the manor after being shown what rooms were available. The room in the lodge was bigger than the one in the manor but the manor room we chose (Le Breton) had a bigger bath, which was what we were after. Both rooms were beautiful. It clearly shows what the style of the rooms are on their website, if you're after a specific room then call the hotel to check it's available.

We ate in the restaurant for two nights and the food was absolutely delicious.
Breakfasts were also more than ample. A lovely continental buffet to choose from to start and several hot options to order.

Plenty of parking is available and the location for us was perfect. 5-10 min walk to the beach and the manor is just outside of the town centre so it was lovely and quiet but easy enough to get into town if you want.

The staff are amazing! Always able to help, very flexible and courteous. They are a real credit to this hotel and what makes it stand out from many other luxury/boutique places to stay.

Can't wait to stay again.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I came to Bournemouth from Prague to visit my family. What an amazing hotel in such a great location! We had a lovely time having champagne afternoon tea at The Langtry Manor hotel. Thanks to all the staff who made our family experience even more special: The Hotel Manager Tomas who was very welcoming and looked after the comfort of all the guests, head chef Manash and his team who’s finger sandwiches and cakes were absolutely delicious and also Miro and Tony, who provided very professional service. I am looking forward to returning again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Langtry Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!