“Just Ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bourne Hall Hotel

You added Bourne Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Bourne Hall Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Priory Rd | West Cliff, Bournemouth BH2 5DN, England   |
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Just Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here by myself earlier in the week. First of all, I stayed here due to a good price and reasonable reviews on here.

I checked in with no problems, the receptionist was very friendly and I was checked in within minutes.

I was staying in a single room which was very basic as I expected. The room was clean and had a nice view of the water.

My only slight gripes with the room were:

It was slightly dated
The shower lacked any power whatsoever and was either stone cold or boiling
The toilet was some form of electrical toilet (explained on the wall what couldn't and couldn't be disposed of) It made a massive noise when flushed and wasn't very good.

Overall I had a pleasant sleep on a reasonable bed. I didn't have breakfast or even so much as a drink in the bar but all the facilities in that department looked fine.

I would use the hotel again if it was at the same cheap rate, any more expensive and I'd stay in better, newer facilities.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here on 24th March with my girlfriend for my birthday and I will have to say I was pleasently surprised at this hotel. I wasnt sure what to expect being so reasonably priced. The location was fantastic being so close to the beach and having parking available was a godsend .

The staff at this hotel were fantastic, I didnt catch her name but the lady on reception with short dark curly hair was so helpful and welcoming when we arrived she took time to help us with our bearings with the map she is a real credit to the hotel !

The room was larger than id expected and was immaculately clean, although A little dated in the bathroom. The only small critiscm I have is there were not enough tea bags or milk left in the room sorry guys ! That's more of a suggestion than a moan .

Having free wi fi was an unexpected bonus and really useful. All in all we both throughly enjoyed our stay this week and I would recommend anyone to stay here! I imagine the place is teaming with guests in season especially at these prices.

Would love to stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room the road can be busy in the morning rush hour.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Edgware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The location was great, just round the corner from the Bournemouth International Centre and the beach.
The breakfast was very good, and the room was bright with a lovely view of the sea.
We paid a great price too.
The staff were obliging, helpful and friendly.
The only thing we found was the communal area was dated.
But I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My visit to the Bourne hall hotel was for a birthday party, so cannot comment on rooms or facilities, but I wanted to write a review because I was impressed by the bar staff serving on the evening. There were 3 people serving, which in itself I thought was pretty impressive as it was only a small bar. Each of them were so helpful and friendly, it really was service with a smile. Halfway through the night my kids came over with drinks of squash, I asked where it came from and they told me they were given them by the bar staff. I wasn't expecting a bar to provide free drinks, but more than happy they did! The function room was pleasant, and the Dj provided by the hotel played the perfect mix of music. I would definitely consider booking the Bourne hall for any future parties/events. Oh, and the bar prices were reasonable for a hotel. Really can't fault it!!

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Booked at last minute as we're going to the O2 Acadamy. The hotel was very cheap and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. We had a lovely breakfast in the restaurant and would stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was very pleased with my stay at Bourne Hall. Yes the decor in the communal areas and the bathroom is a bit dated, but the staff are all very pleasant and helpful and our room was bright, clean and the beds were comfortable. The location is ideal, 5 minute stroll to the beach and into the town centre (although on top of a fairly steep hill so not the best if you're disabled/have small children etc.) For the price I paid, I was more than happy with the service I received. I will be returning in the summer!

Room Tip: Just make sure you run the shower for a bit before you get in for it to warm up!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We came as a coach trip from Aylesbury, we all had a brilliant time, staff were lovely and really happy with us all there even though sometimes we may have been noisy!
Rooms were comfortable and clean. Food was good and especially the breakfast.
The only fault I would say was shower on 3rd floor was not good enough to wash hair and bath took a while to fill.
Planning our next trip if they will have us :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Bourne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!