“clean and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bourne Hall Hotel

You added Bourne Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Bourne Hall Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 Priory Rd | West Cliff, Bournemouth BH2 5DN, England   |
Ranked #47 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
cornwall
“clean and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

hotel was clean and very close to the pier and the BIC. staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great. it's a bit worn round the edges and the carpark has pot holes but if you just need somewhere clean and central to rest your head for a couple of nights it's great, i will use it again on my next trip to bournemouth.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited the Bourne Hall Hotel over the Christmas Holiday.Myself and my wife stayed there from Christmas Eve through to and including Boxing Day.
Our stay was fantastic. The Hotel is run by a family that only took it over in April 2012.The Hotel had been left to run down by the previous owners which left the new owners with much improvements to make. This they have been slowly doing over this period and i must say have been making a very good go of it. Front of House Manager Debbie made us very welcome and Matt,Rachael,Antony and all the other staff were always attentive to our needs. The room was excellent and very clean.The food was superb. They have a very good young Chef and the Rib Eye steak he cooked us was to die for. He also does a great Apple Crumble.There is no doubt we will be visiting this superb hotel again.

Room Tip: We had the room near reception but we looked at all rooms available and all were of different sizes...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

we went to this hotel for new year on a coach tour.

The family and staff here are second to none, nothing was too much trouble, the food was lovely and we all brought in the new year with the staff, after a five course meal with wine and sparkling at midnight.

everybody on the coach home said what a great time they had had.

Would definately go back again.

Room Tip: We had a sea view room that was quite large
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
lowestoft
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me an my husband bought a coach full of people up here for Christmas and I have never in my experiences on going away at Christmas have I had the best time the food was very very good staff could not have done enough for u .rooms very clean an tidy entrainment was fantastic I would recommend this hotel t everyone so if u are thinking of coming to Bournemouth in the next year you would definitely not be disappointed if you stay at this wonderful hotel you will always be made welcome by the owners .all I can say is thank you very much for our wonderful Christmas and you will be seeing us again .and t new owners are very friendly everyone of them very well done to all of u for making my Christmas very special

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the Bourne Hotel for 4nights and five days from Oct15th i went with my cousin on a special break we are both new widows so did not know what to expect.Anyway we were pleasantly surprised the staff were excellent and we learnt it is a family run hotel the new owners consisting of a mother father their two sons and their wives all of them were very helpful and friendly and are working on improvements to the dated hotel and all of us in our party were very satisfied.We were told we would get two nights entertainment but they put on an extra night for us and I haven't enjoyed myself as much in a long while.Oh I must add there was a 100 year old lady staying there whose husband was in hospital whom they were treating like a queen.Well done all of you and good luck in your new venture we will be back
Mary and Marion room 106

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We visited this Hotel over the weekend 18th to 21st October 12 and was surprised how lovely it was. After reviews who run it down we had to see how it was.
The staff were excellent and the (in house manager Debbie) was such a lovely and pleasant person in fact all the new management were just brillinat and so friendly.
The rooms were very clean in deed as i was showed a few and, the views were excelent.
Some rooms were a bit tired as for the decorating and carpets but the new management have only been there since last April and the Hotel is full all the time!!! But cleanliness is the most important!!! Anyway we would stop there anytime we were visiting Bournemouth.
Bel and Jon B'ham

Room Tip: A view over looking the sea.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

The Bourne Hall Hotel was easy to find with a sat nav however we found that the postcode for prior road was BH2 5DF. Parking was not a problem. The greeting at check in was fine... the girls seemed friendly enough. Our room was room 2 which was right opposite the reception desk and next to the piano room bar. I felt a bit uncomfortable in the sense I could hear talking at reception so they would probably hear us talking, so felt like I had to talk quietly. The room was pretty standard, one small double bed and one single, tea and coffee facilities, hair dryer, small tv, wardrobe etc. The bathroom was ok, the flooring needs redoing as its obviously old. The shower wasn't the worst but it was either freezing cold or boiling hot. The mixer taps are quite sensitive and just by moving them a millimeter determined whether you were to have a hot shower or cold. The bathroom steamed up quick quickly and the only way of desteaming it was to open the sash window... which opened upwards meaning that anyone walking past can see you from thigh level to belly... not convenient. I had a terrible nights sleep on the Saturday night. The pillows are ridiculously soft and the noise from the reception area of people coming and going and talking loudly woke me up a good four or five times that night. In the morning I felt like I'd been up most of the night but get woken up by the natural light shining though the very thin curtains which did not fit the window.
We only really used the room to change and shower and sleep so it did what we needed but if I'm honest I would've enjoyed it more at a Travelodge.
Breakfast was actually really nice. Replenished regularly. Crispy bacon which is just how I like it. The ancient toaster however should bw replaced... I don't know why hotels insist on having them. They either lightly toast or burn to a crisp and take forever!!
The check out was a bit disappointing. We asked to check out giving the lady our key and expecting her to say something like 'did you enjoy your stay?' ... she said 'all done' and looked at us like 'well leave then!!'
Only stayed there as I had a kgb deal to go there. Would probably stay elsewhere next time. We got what we paid for.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Bourne Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!