“Short relaxing stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marsham Court Hotel

You added Marsham Court Hotel to your Saves list
Marsham Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Russell-Cotes Road | East Cliff, Bournemouth BH1 3AB, England (Formerly Days Hotel Marsham Court)   |
Ranked #23 of 76 Hotels in Bournemouth
London
“Short relaxing stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on 24th to 26th July. This hotel is in perfect location, on the seafront with close access to the beach through zigzag path and promenade. It is also close to variety of restaurants. I only booked this hotel 2 days before Thursday, the website indicated no room was available but I emailed and got very quick response back first thing the next day. When I arrived at hotel it was 11:30 so I left my bag and went to beach, when I returned after 2pm my bag was nicely placed in my room. The room itself is spacious, well furnished, clean and comfortable. It also comes with a flat screen TV, and a very good safe (which is a bonus). I have stayed in more expensive hotels without a decent functional safe. Breakfast was also very good in the morning- a mix of English breakfast and continental, the staff were also very kind and nice although the décor could be slightly updated. I did not use the front pool as went to the beach instead. It looks very clean but small although I would not think this is too much of a problem given the proximity o the beach. The overall stay was very good, given the short notice I was impressed with the facilities and felt it was worth the room rate. I will definitely recommend this hotel to others, couples and lone travellers.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back, the view from sea front room would have been fantastic specially at night...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Nag-hos,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Days Hotel Marsham Court.
I am glad that you enjoyed your short stay with us and found it value for moeny.
Please know that feedback such as yours helps us to improve on the quality and service we provide.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great hotel in a fantastic location. The hotel amenities are excellent and the rooms very comfortable and spacious. The one meal we had was good and freshly prepared. All staff we encountered were courteous and helpful. If we had one complaint it would be that dirty plates and glasses were left uncollected for too long on the patio and around the pool which tempted the local seagulls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ian S,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will endeavour to tell our bar and porters team about the Seagulls and make sure this is rectified for the future.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.
Coventry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

the peple at reception were very rude, and looked at us funny. when we needed anything they would do it with an attidude as if they didnt want to do it. was not happy with me stay. on the website it didnt tell us that people who stay there are mostly elderly people, so we felt like the odd ones out. the pictures look like a nice hotel but the other side is terrible, old funiture, carpet, rooms look like a regular room for the price being charged, felt robbed.

2 Thank Rutendo M
Dear Rutendo,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry that you did not seem to enjoy your stay with us and should you wish to discuss this further, your comments would be appreciated.
We try our best to improve on guests experiences and rely on feedback such as yours to do this.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to change your opinion of us in the future.
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

we always enjoy are stay at days hotel the staff are so nice and helpfull room is very spacious and clean the outside pool is lovely and as everything you need to soak up the sun only one small point needs air con but otherwise fantastic holiday thankyou

1 Thank Susan M
Dear Rebecca K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Days Hotel Marsham Court.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have looked into air conditioning for the bedrooms for the future; however we are unable to do this at the moment.
Please know that your feedback is important to us and should you wish to discuss any other issues I would be happy to hear from you.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

A disappointing stay at this hotel, which back in the day was fantastic and now seems unloved. Overall, staff are young and very inexperienced there seemed to be a lack of overall leadership when I stayed there. Staff behind the bar clearly didn't know what they were doing in identifying and serving advertised cocktails. On 3 occasions I had to ask staff for a clean dinner plate and glasses - staff did not seem to notice! Plus my room was extremely hot - only 2 small windows would open and no fans available. Very disappointing - thank goodness I wasn't only holiday...and there for work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

2 Thank Basketweaver888
Dear Rebecca K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay. In regards to the inexperienced staff, we have an on going training programme throughout the hotel; however I will mention your concerns to our Duty Management team and address the issues you mentioned.
In regards to fans, the weather has been extremely hot recently. The windows have security locks on them which is a brand standard. We are only allowed to remove them during a stay upon the request of the guest. We have 87 bedrooms and approx. 55-60 fans. I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with one during your stay.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and change your views on us.
Please do not hesitate ton contact me if you wish to discuss the matter further.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with family from 17th-21st July. First time I'd been to this hotel. I was impressed by the location and outside appearance of the hotel. The bar/foyer area is modern and welcoming. All staff were friendly and helpful throughout my stay. My room was lovely but very hot and one of the windows was broken. However the staff very quickly fetched me a fan on request for which I was very grateful! The food was of a good quality at both breakfast and dinner.
I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend to others!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank heidi364
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Marsham Court Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear heidi364,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your first stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends again in the future.
Drive
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is the third time we have been for a whist break at this hotel. We decided on this one only a few days before and were pleased that we were able to get a first floor room with shower that we requested with special thanks to Sarah. The staff are all cheerful and ready to help. I am coeliac and have always been able to have a choice on the menu which is wonderful. If the dining staff were not sure they checked with chef willingly. I was impressed. The rooms with a sea view are lovely. I am coming in August with my daughter who is also coeliac and we have booked a sea view with a balcony. Also booked with my husband for the next whist break in October ,looking forward to it already!

Room Tip: We have never been troubled by noise whichever room we have had, The sea view rooms are worth the ex...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear E L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Days Hotel Marsham Court.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent Whist holiday with us and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again for another 2 visits this year.
The staff will always try their utmost to accommodate your coeliac diet and provide you with choice on the menu. However if you should ever find there is something not suitable or you would just prefer to have something different, I am positive the Chef would be happy to make you an omelette or something else.
We look forward to seeing you again in August.