“Brilliant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Bournemouth

Save Saved
You added Days Hotel Bournemouth to your Saves list
Days Hotel Bournemouth
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Russell-Cotes Road | East Cliff, Bournemouth BH1 3AB, England (Formerly Marsham Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book Early and Save 15%!
Ranked #22 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Brilliant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Great hotel in a fantastic location. The hotel amenities are excellent and the rooms very comfortable and spacious. The one meal we had was good and freshly prepared. All staff we encountered were courteous and helpful. If we had one complaint it would be that dirty plates and glasses were left uncollected for too long on the patio and around the pool which tempted the local seagulls.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Days Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Ian S,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Days Hotel Marsham Court.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will endeavour to tell our bar and porters team about the Seagulls and make sure this is rectified for the future.
Please know that feedback such as yours helps us to improve on the quality and service we provide.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.
Rosie Wallace, Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Coventry
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

the peple at reception were very rude, and looked at us funny. when we needed anything they would do it with an attidude as if they didnt want to do it. was not happy with me stay. on the website it didnt tell us that people who stay there are mostly elderly people, so we felt like the odd ones out. the pictures look like a nice hotel but the other side is terrible, old funiture, carpet, rooms look like a regular room for the price being charged, felt robbed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Rutendo,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry that you did not seem to enjoy your stay with us and should you wish to discuss this further, your comments would be appreciated.
We try our best to improve on guests experiences and rely on feedback such as yours to do this.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to change your opinion of us in the future.
Coventry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

we always enjoy are stay at days hotel the staff are so nice and helpfull room is very spacious and clean the outside pool is lovely and as everything you need to soak up the sun only one small point needs air con but otherwise fantastic holiday thankyou

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Rebecca K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Days Hotel Marsham Court.
I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have looked into air conditioning for the bedrooms for the future; however we are unable to do this at the moment.
Please know that your feedback is important to us and should you wish to discuss any other issues I would be happy to hear from you.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

A disappointing stay at this hotel, which back in the day was fantastic and now seems unloved. Overall, staff are young and very inexperienced there seemed to be a lack of overall leadership when I stayed there. Staff behind the bar clearly didn't know what they were doing in identifying and serving advertised cocktails. On 3 occasions I had to ask staff for a clean dinner plate and glasses - staff did not seem to notice! Plus my room was extremely hot - only 2 small windows would open and no fans available. Very disappointing - thank goodness I wasn't only holiday...and there for work.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rebecca K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am sorry that you were not happy with your stay. In regards to the inexperienced staff, we have an on going training programme throughout the hotel; however I will mention your concerns to our Duty Management team and address the issues you mentioned.
In regards to fans, the weather has been extremely hot recently. The windows have security locks on them which is a brand standard. We are only allowed to remove them during a stay upon the request of the guest. We have 87 bedrooms and approx. 55-60 fans. I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with one during your stay.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future and change your views on us.
Please do not hesitate ton contact me if you wish to discuss the matter further.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here with family from 17th-21st July. First time I'd been to this hotel. I was impressed by the location and outside appearance of the hotel. The bar/foyer area is modern and welcoming. All staff were friendly and helpful throughout my stay. My room was lovely but very hot and one of the windows was broken. However the staff very quickly fetched me a fan on request for which I was very grateful! The food was of a good quality at both breakfast and dinner.
I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend to others!

Stayed July 2014
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Days Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear heidi364,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your first stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends again in the future.
Drive
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is the third time we have been for a whist break at this hotel. We decided on this one only a few days before and were pleased that we were able to get a first floor room with shower that we requested with special thanks to Sarah. The staff are all cheerful and ready to help. I am coeliac and have always been able to have a choice on the menu which is wonderful. If the dining staff were not sure they checked with chef willingly. I was impressed. The rooms with a sea view are lovely. I am coming in August with my daughter who is also coeliac and we have booked a sea view with a balcony. Also booked with my husband for the next whist break in October ,looking forward to it already!

Room Tip: We have never been troubled by noise whichever room we have had, The sea view rooms are worth the ex...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosie_Wallace, Owner at Days Hotel Bournemouth, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear E L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Days Hotel Marsham Court.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent Whist holiday with us and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again for another 2 visits this year.
The staff will always try their utmost to accommodate your coeliac diet and provide you with choice on the menu. However if you should ever find there is something not suitable or you would just prefer to have something different, I am positive the Chef would be happy to make you an omelette or something else.
We look forward to seeing you again in August.
Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Been coming for many years as a family and enjoyed our recent long weekend at the hotel. Good and spacious room. Very impressed by good quality breakfast and the polite and helpful staff waiting at the tables.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Heidi19796,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with the good quality breakfast and polite & helpful staff.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.
Rosie Wallace, Director

Been to Days Hotel Bournemouth? Share your experiences!