We made a last minute booking with Travelzoo, £79.00 Dinner, Bed and Breakfast + a free bottle of wine!
Hotel looked fantastic, one of the best of the early Victorian hotels set in fine grounds, in a prime location on the seafront, near all the attractions.
Check-in slow, one member of staff covering a busy reception.
Room perfectly acceptable, but nearer Bognor than Bournemouth.
Dinner poor, very limited choice and a good example of 1980s motorway cafe style cooking.
Bar understaffed with no floor service. End of pier solo singer/organist tried valiantly to be heard above the conversation.
Breakfast was good with plenty of staff!
Overall what could have been a memorable stay let down by lack of staff and a poor attention to detail. I would sum it up as under-managed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Hotel in turreted building located on 3-acre cliff-edge garden, with views over bay & Purbeck Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth
- Royal Bath Hotel Bournemouth