“Wedding,” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Bath

You added Royal Bath to your Saves list
Royal Bath
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bath Road, Bournemouth BH1 2EW, England (Formerly De Vere Royal Bath)   |
Ranked #51 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bournemouth
“Wedding,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Good facilities, for wedding though decor a little tired.
Lovely day spoiled by lack of bar staff. Had to wait ages for drinks in dirty glasses.
Totally overpriced, spoilt the experience. We don't generally pay these prices in London.
Too many foreigners. They cleared our half finished drinks whilst we were having photos taken, yet left dirty plates & cups on other tables for ages & weren't interested when we complained.
Food was excellent, despite running out of plates during evening buffet & member of staff not understanding me when I asked for more.
Ladies toilets smelt disgusting. I know babies need to be changed, but the facilities are right inside the door & you have to walk past crappy bums & the smell was putrid.
It even smelt all evening when the little ones had gone home. Please offer them some decent facilities.
De Vere suite was stunning in the evening, I have nevr seen it look better, but probably down to the florist & wedding helpers as the Hotel doesn't add any frills at all.

Superb wedding, but poor value for money if you are looking for overall experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RoyalBath, General Manager at Royal Bath, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for your feedback, I have just taken over a General Manger so this is very useful. We have since recruited an asistant bars manager and a cocktail supervisor so now we have a strong management team in this area we will be driving the service standards in this area. Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (648)
bath
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed for 8 nights over the summer with 10 of us with varying ages and one with a disability . Firstly we had lovely time staff excellent and people dont half moan went to reecption a few times to ask a few things staff always helpful and friendly but some of the guests were so rude to them. On one occasion one gentleman almost threatened the chap behind reception if he didnt extend his stay .Although the receptionist was looking at all sorts of options and was so friendly whats wrong with people!The hotel is that faded grandeur if you want modern this is not for you. we have now stayed here 3 times in last year and would return but if Mr Spencer Manager reads this would suggest improved access for disabled people and also reduce price in bar £6.00 for small glass wine and £4 for a beer too expensive for us as a family to stay in hotel and have a couple of drinks . we actually went to the premier inn across the road where it was half the price for a bottle of wine and very disabled friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RoyalBath, General Manager at Royal Bath, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback and for your kind reflection on the team here. I am so pleased that your family had such a lovely stay and I am the new appointed General Manager here and will take on board your feedback regaridng the access and pricing within the hotel. I hope to welcome your family back again next summer.
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

This hotel is a disgrace, booked a sea view but could not see the sea and it was obvious that the door had been broken into and a botched repair had been attempted on the door. We moved room no problem, then had limited sea view this time. Rooms are awful, old worn carpets and furniture, old fashioned rounded screen TV etc. The whole hotel should be pulled down. The floors are all uneven and creakey, the carpets threadbare and the lift felt unsafe. Rip off parking costs too if you drive. Good points, well the breakfasts were very good and the serving staff at breakfast are very friendly and happy to serve. The main restaurant provides excellent service and top class food, very happy with that both nights were there. But in general the hotel is a dump to be avoided at all costs. If you have the misfortune to encounter the general manager, you will find a rude and ignorant man totally lacking in charm and effectiveness. If the DeVere management are reading this, your manager at this hotel is letting you down and is in dire need of training and guidance. Would I stay there again - not even if you paid me. It was so bad I took a few photos of the threadbare carpet in the public area and the awfal brown stains at the back of the toilet which must have been leaking for years. If I can get them off my backberry I'll upload them here. The ceiling also had large cracks and stains. This place literally needs millions of pounds spent on it to bring it up to scratch. I feel sorry for wedding guests who end up having to stay here for wedding celebrations as they have no choice really. If you do have the choice - book anywhere else - it's bound to be better. I wish I had read these reviews before booking, but I have stayed at DeVere hotels before and they have been fine, this one is the very opposite of the jewel in their crown - AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and sincere apologies for the delay in my reply, I am the newly appointed General Manager at the Royal Bath hotel and I am sincerely sorry for the miscommunication of a Manager here implying they are the GM of the hotel. I am pleased to read that the reakfast and dinner dining experiecnes were very good for you and I am here to move the business forward and look at the property and how we can improve it. Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry you had such a disappointing time and can assure you this has been taken very seriously.
Leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and were impressed with it. OK there are parts that could use a little tidying up but they would only bother the super fussy guests who will find something to moan about no matter what.

Location: could not be better! Right on the beach, only 5-10 mins walk to the town centre.

Breakfast: fantastic, well worth the money. Everything you could want for is laid out on the buffet and the staff were very quick to replace any item of food that had all gone. Also a menu for those who wish to order kippers, smoked salmon, poached eggs etc.

Evening dinner: absolutely gorgeous and extremely good value at just £25 per head for three courses. We only ate evening dinner at the hotel once but that is all it takes to say it is honestly amazing food.

Leisure facilities: decent sized pool along with jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Very clean from my experience. The times that kids can use the pool are also limited so that is a bonus for those wanting to chill out or swim uninterrupted. The gym is pretty well equipped and has cardio equipment positioned so users can appreciate the view over the grounds of the hotel. I would also recommend having some treatments. I had a facial which very relaxing and the therapist was friendly and most helpful in offering tips regarding skin care. (For those thinking of having treatments, I would suggest you opt for a time outside of the kids swim hours as you can hear noises in the treatment room. It wasn't an issue for me but I can imagine some people would mind the noise.)

Staff: every member of staff we came across during our stay was very friendly, helpful and professional. The staff are most definitely an asset to this hotel.

Negatives (the few I can think of):
- Needs work in a few places. Wall paper was hanging off the ceiling in one corner of our room. A member of staff did come round on check-out day wanting to do some sort of maintenance work so I suspect that the paper would have been been fixed once we checked out. The shower in our room also continuously dripped. The floor boards in the corridor leading up to our room were very creaky which could possibly be annoying for guests sleeping in the rooms directly of it.
- Charge for parking. £20 per night seems very unfair.

Overall: ignore the reviews of the people who just want to moan, this hotel is a lovely place to stay and also dine at!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback, it is really useful to hear from our guests to ensure we keep doing thie things you are pleased with and move forward with the shortcomings. I am so very pleased to learn that my team's service offering was noted by yourself and I shall ensure this is fed back to them. Thank you and hope to see you here again.
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I love staying at The Royal Bath Hotel. We live fairly nearby and it is a perfect 'business getaway'. As hard working business people it is important to have some time to yourselves. The Royal Bath Hotel in Bournemouth has magnificent views, wonderful rooms and very friendly staff which all make the stay a perfect one. We recently spent just one evening there and were lucky enough to have fantastic weather so the balcony was just right. Sea view and total relaxation! The pool area and gardens are also lovely and again very relaxing and just what we need. I would recommend the Royal Bath Hotel to anyone wanting to get away from it all and have a real treat!
D. Corney

Dear D Corney,

Thank you for your feedbak, a pleasure to read you a a loyal repeat guest. I am newly appointed here at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you and you husband here at the hotel under my management.
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

A renowned hotel in the centre of Bournemouth. Good facilities but rooms a little tired.
Stayed for one night on business and given a top floor single room - very compact !!
Room was very hot and no air conditioning - so window open all night and continuous traffic noise.
Staff very helpful and breakfast fine. Would recommend if you can get a room at a good rate, due mainly to the convenient location for everything in the town.
Avoid top floor rooms !!

Room Tip: Avoid top floor rooms
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased you had such lovely swervice form the team here and sorry to learn that the room was too warm. I am a little confused as to why to avoid a top floor room as some of our best suites are top floor sea view rooms. Many thanks.
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights during April. The bedroom was fantastic - with bathrobes, with a balcony overlooking the beach.

The staff are very helpful, and the service was very good.

It is located near enough to the to the town centre to enable you to walk into town for shopping or restaurants at night and the beach is very close.

the grounds are fabulous, with sunbeds in the gardens for those sunny days.

Would definitely recommend.

Would recomment

Room Tip: Room with a large balcony is situated overlooing beach
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, I am so pleased to hear you had such a lovely three day break and I hope to welcome you back next April if not before.

Been to Royal Bath? Share your experiences!