“A perfect venue for our wedding” 5 of 5 stars

Winter Staycation
Ranked #5 of 70 Hotels in Bournemouth
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ferndown, United Kingdom
“A perfect venue for our wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had our wedding reception at The Green House Hotel on 25th May 2013 and couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough.

From the moment we decided on the hotel as our wedding venue to checking out on the morning after our big day we couldn't have asked for more, nothing was ever too much trouble and all the small details are what made our wedding the most perfect day.

We had an exclusive use package and all we heard from our guests was how lovely the hotel, rooms and staff were. This really made our day as when planning a wedding some things are out of your hands!

The food was delicious & the rooms were lovely, I can honestly say I've never slept in a bed as comfortable as ours, we stayed in Crab Apple, the bridal suite.

If we had to do it all again we wouldn't hesitate in choosing The Green House Hotel. In fact we are already looking forward to coming back for our 1 year anniversary!

Whether you are thinking about staying here for a special occasion, as a wedding venue or just for a well needed weekend away you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Crab Apple or any of the large or master bedrooms all have gorgeous stand alone bathtubs... A real t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Bridport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were guests at a wedding here at the weekend and decided to stay over. It was very good value, very quiet, very comfortable bed and good breakfast all for sixty pounds would recommend. Close to town centre and seafront we would stay here again..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed at the Green House for 4 nights while in Bournemouth on business. Overall, I thought this was a very charismatic and welcoming place; however, it lacked a few essential details that make hotel stay perfect.

On the plus side: the location is great, it's 5 minutes away from the beach but on a quiet road s great for relaxing. The hotel is on the cliff top so if walking from town centre it's a bit of a climb (which I didn't mind but it could be something to consider for others). The staff were amazing - the staff at reception provided me with all the information I needed, helped booking taxis, showed me to my room etc. - very happy with this. And best of all, the room was so clean and well-decorated, I just loved coming back every day!

The following could be improved: wi-fi was bad, literally unusable. I was travelling on business so it was essential for me but it was impossible to work from my room. I tried the restaurant for dinner for the first night and had breakfast every morning and I must say the food was quite average for the hype. Everything I ate was either overcooked, overly salty or just plain tasteless.

Bottom line, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a relaxing/romantic weekend away but certainly not if you're travelling on business and I would recommend eating out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Leicestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited the first weekend in June,with some friends, with a 6 course taster menu, and cream tea into the price, the reception staff were very friendly, took you to your room and explained the facility's ,there was bottled water ,still and sparkling,biscuits, in addition to tea and coffee, the room was spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, with a walk in shower superb for a standard room, and the introduction to the room, a refreshing touch, all the staff were so helpful and friendly it made you feel home from home,the Eco concept didn't occur when we booked, but became very apparent whilst staying. The 6 course taster was fantastic, and would highly recommend using the restaurant ,as we're the breakfasts, and there adaptation of a cream tea, wow. We try to get away 4 to 5 times a year, but we all said if we visit Bournemouth there's only one place for us. These people have got it so right. Thanks

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I had a couple of days to spare on the South Coast and wished to stay in the Bournemouth area. Staying in the town had not been our first choice as we had preferred to stay somewhere quitter, but having rejected the hotel elsewhere that we had previously booked and needing somewhere to stay at 5.30 on a bank holiday evening, we called up the Green House having seen in on the Mr and Mrs Smith website.
We were given the last available room and arrived just in time for dinner.
The hotel was beautifully refurbished with a very smart modern, but very comfortable décor. We were given a warm greeting and shown to our room, which was small but very well appointed.. Quiet and comfortable. The dining room was very attractive and we had a really first class, chef cooked dinner.
The following night we changed to a larger, and even better room and had another excellent dinner at the hotel.
The hotel is situated five minutes walk from the sea in a quiet road in attractive setting. We were delighted with our find, and impressed by the overall very high standard of the Green House, and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comfort and service but is not interested in having spa facilities.

Cemaes Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was one of the best hotels I've visited in the UK. The staff were really friendly, welcoming, efficient and professional. The rooms were very well appointed and comfortable and the whole place had a warm and friendly atmosphere and, to top it off, the room rate was very reasonable for such a classy hotel. I would highly recommend and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary. Never having visited Bournemouth previously, I conducted a tranche of research ahead of our stay and couldn't ignore the rave reviews for The Green House. We weren't disappointed.
Staff on arrival were friendly and enthusiastic. We were shown to our room (Horse Chestnut) which was on the top floor and over looked the garden below. Little touches like the fresh milk and jar of cookies were thoughtful although the short lead on the kettle (which you had to balance on the floor) and the lack of ironing board meant there was some things that hadn't been considered. I should comment that they had gone to the trouble of making a heart out of dried rose petals in honour of our anniversary, a sweet , well intended, gesture.
Service was great in the downstairs bar and staff couldn't have been more accommodating.

We ate out so can't comment on dinner, however we did have breakfast. This was perhaps the slightly less enjoyable part of the stay. Not because of the food - very tasty and good range for everyone - but because of the service. No one was there to greet us into the restaurant (which is not particularly big), no cups on the table, wrong order delivered and generally rather underwhelming staff. This was very much at odds with people at front of house, and because of the contrast, the rather vacant breakfast team should most definitely be improved upon. I should point out that I'm being picky by pulling them up on this.

Overall, despite the breakfast blip, this was a great stay. Good location, just a five minute walk to the sandy beaches, friendly front of house and bar staff and beautiful decor and bedrooms. I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would encourage anyone who is a fan of 'boutique' to give The Green House a visit.

Room Tip: The bedrooms at the top of the hotel are beautiful. Spacious with a roll top bath in the bedroom.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Green House? Share your experiences!