“Great service, nice view and good value” 4 of 5 stars

Park Central Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Exeter Road, Bournemouth BH2 5AJ, England   |
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, nice view and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed for one night and really liked it. The service was excellent (really friendly desk staff), the room was spacious and clean. The location is good, close to seafront, and not noisy, despite being close to BIC.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your kind feedback about your one evening with us – we are very pleased to hear it. It’s great that you found our service to be excellent, the room to be spacious and clean, and you enjoyed our handy location opposite the BIC. I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Fantastic location opposite the seafront and besides the gardens. Lovely clean room, friendly desk staff, lovely powerful shower. Didn't try their onsite restaurant, The Crab, but did however have a full English breakfast in the morning. Again staff friendly, service very good and more important, the breakfast was fantastic. Definitely a return trip if I ever go back to Bournemouth.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your 5* feedback about your recent stay with us in Bournemouth! I am very happy to read your comments regarding our ‘fantastic’ location, the breakfast in The Crab Restaurant, and the cleanliness and comfort of your room. Thank you very much for also stating that you will be returning to us should you come to Bournemouth again in the future – if we can assist you with any booking, please do not hesitate to contact our friendly Reception team on 01202 203600, or myself, and we will look forward to seeing you soon. Thank you again!
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel twice now and it has been nothing short of exceptional. Very modern well kept rooms, in an ideal location in Bournemouth. The place still retains some character even though it has been modernized. Get a room with a sea view and you will be blown away. My little girl loved looking through the window at morning and at night. Food was great, and the staff were fantastic. The girls on the reception were not only really helpful... but also really beautiful...... Ha, just what you need to greet you when you walk through the door. Perfect. Highly recommend this place, we will definitely stay again.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Sir, firstly thank you very much for being a returning guest to us! We are very much appreciative of your loyalty, and I am delighted that each time for you has been ‘nothing short of exceptional’. This is lovely to hear, and your 5* feedback has been passed on across all of our Reception, Housekeeping, Restaurant and Kitchen teams. Moreover, I do agree with you that a room with a Sea View is a perfect choice – I am so pleased that your little girl enjoyed sitting watching the views, how lovely to envisage. Lastly, thank you for your comments about our staff, The Crab Restaurant food and the fact you will be recommending us – I hope we are able to see you again in the future and we will look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back again.
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I have to make clear that the service we received at the Park Central hotel, was second to none. Lovely, helpful staff who were always very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast we had at the crab restaurant was delicious. The one thing that let this lovely place down was the room we had. We had booked a sea-view room and were very excited as the hotel is in an ideal spot. However when we entered our room we were greeted by a very limited view of the sea as there was a great big wall in front of the window! We were on the same floor as the reception area, so the sea views were probably a lot better higher up. I certainly wouldn't have classed it as a sea view seeing as you could only glimpse the sea! I would go back to the Park Central but I wouldn't book a sea view room with them again and risk having this happen again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a sea view room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, and thank you for writing a review about us about your stay. Firstly, I am pleased to hear that the service you received was ‘second to none’, and you were satisfied with your breakfast in The Crab Restaurant. I am however disheartened to hear of your dissatisfaction with the Sea View room allocation on Reception level. At the time of any booking, we do allocate the best available rooms at a first come, first serve basis. Therefore, we do advise to book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment – we are currently in our busiest season too, being nearly fully booked every evening. Nonetheless, we do listen and try our best to accommodate all guest requests alongside this. If you do find any discomfort, dislike or dissatisfaction with the room, I can only urge you to kindly contact Reception, or alternatively myself – we would have endeavoured where possible to provide you with a suitable solution, and therefore alter your experience. Because you did not notify us at the time, we remained unaware, and unable to help you further. I can only apologise if you felt any inconvenience with regards to the room, and should you wish to contact me to discuss this further, my email is aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk. I am certain that should you return to us, we will be able to redeem ourselves and provide the experience you feel you should have had on this occasion.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We stayed a couple of nights at this great hotel. The location is fantastic, only a few mins walk from the beach and great sea views from my room. The reception staff were very polite and efficient. There is complimentary wifi in rooms but we it is a bit tricky. Our room was spotless with a lovely view of the sea. The bed was comfortable and everywhere was clean. Staff were excellent and the breakfast was also excellent. One of the best hotels I have stayed at, also the food at The Crab was perfect!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for leaving your positive feedback about us! It is great that you enjoyed your couple of nights, finding our location to be ‘fantastic’ and our Reception staff being polite and efficient. I’m also glad you found the bed to be comfortable, and that you loved your sea views from the room. Thank you very much for saying that The Crab restaurant food was ‘perfect’, and we are one of the best hotels you have stayed at – I am delighted to inform our staff of your kind comments and glad we have been able to provide you with a wonderful experience. Lastly, I do apologise if you found difficulty with the Wi-Fi – we have an open network, which all you need to do for access is sign up with an email address. Our friendly Reception staff would always be able to assist you if you found any further difficulty, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you once again for your kind words - we hope to see you at The Park Central Hotel again soon!
Hertforshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We had booked two rooms in the Park Central for one night, one for our daughter and grandchildren and one for us which had a sea view. The rooms were slightly stark but were spotlessly clean and although our window was small the view was wonderful, straight across to Bournemouth Pier and the seafront. The bathroom was very small-not large enough for a towel rail or bath, but again spotlessly clean and complimentary toiletries. It rained later in the afternoon and we thought it would have been nice if there was a lounge to sit with a newspaper or book, there was just a small area in the bar/restaurant where you could sit. Not a problem as we were only there for the one night, but if we were on a weekend or longer break it may have been.
Our beds were very comfortable and we all slept well. When we went for breakfast the next morning in the very pleasant light and airy restaurant we were shown to a table in a small rather dark area. There seemed to be plenty of tables in the main part of the restaurant with the lovely view of the sea so we asked if we could sit there but were told there would be a 15 minute wait. We decided to sit in the darker area and husband asked if we could have some lights on, the waiter said he would put half of them on otherwise it would get too hot. There was a very good selection of food and it we all enjoyed what we had to eat, but would have enjoyed it more sitting in the main restaurant.
This hotel is in an excellent position (which is why we chose it), just across from the BIC and the pier with all the attractions but we left feeling a bit disappointed, unusual for us as we are fairly easily pleased and like to enjoy our breaks and holidays.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Hello and thank you for leaving your comments about your recent stay with us in Bournemouth, it is nice of you to take the time to help review us. However, I do find it disheartening to hear that you found us to be ‘slightly disappointing’. I wish to thank you for bringing to my attention your thoughts regarding the lounge area in The Crab, the seating arrangements made at breakfast, and the bathroom size. As we will always inform the Restaurant the previous evening of families and friends dining together, it may have been that a bigger table to accommodate your number was already prepared for you in the Lobster Room – therefore, this may have been why there would be a 15 minute wait. Moreover, I can only apologise that you did not feel you could use our lounge area in the bar to sit in and read a book – guests are more than welcome to use the sofas and the seating areas, and we have tried to utilise the space to create a comfortable and as homely an environment as we can. Lastly, I am pleased to hear that although you found the bathroom to be on the small side, that it was ‘spotlessly clean’ for you, as was the rest of the hotel – and I am pleased to hear that you found the Sea Views from your room to be very stunning. I’m also glad that you had a very good night’s sleep with us in our comfortable beds, too. I sincerely hope that you will be able to return to us to use your 10% discount card – all of our staff do try their utmost to provide the best guest experience possible, which I do believe should have been the case. I apologise if your overall stay did not exceed expectations. If there is anything that you wish discuss with me, please do contact me on aleksandra.dwornik@parkcentralhotel.co.uk where I will be able to assist you further.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Myself and my husband stayed at the Park Central Hotel for one night while we were visiting Bournemouth. We have stayed there before and did not really look at any other hotels before booking this one. It is not a ridiculous price (like some of the hotels in Bournemouth) yet you still get a little luxury treatment. The rooms aren't huge but they have everything you would ever need and the free Wi-Fi is a definite plus. The location is just perfect: it's directly opposite the BIC and the parking, also in the BIC, is a great plus too. The breakfast had both a large continental selection and some cooked options. We very much enjoyed it.The reception staff did everything they could to help us and we will definitely stay here again.

Thank you Park Central Hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Aleksandra D, Manager at Park Central Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your 5* feedback about your recent one night stay! It’s lovely that you and your husband enjoyed yourselves. I have passed on your comments to our Reception staff, who are pleased to hear that you were appreciative of their attentiveness and friendliness during your stay. I do hope you will keep us in mind for any future visit, and if we can assist you with a booking or any enquiries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!